ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Change of Name for my wife

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chuba
Newly Registered

Change of Name for my wife

Post by chuba » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:15 pm

Can anyone advise? Might be a stupid question anyway. My wife is on a 5 yr work permit dependant visa. She wants to change her name back to her maiden name. How will this affect her passport and entry clearance? When this is done, does she need a new passport and a new entry clearance? Dont get me wrong we are very much husband and wife and will always be. Both of us have never been comfortable with it and she had to bear my surname because the BHC people will not understand if she had applied under her name to join me.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:32 pm

She can use whichever name she likes under UK law. She doesn't have to change legal documents if she doesn't want to.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!