ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR date and birth of child

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mamatishe
Newly Registered

PR date and birth of child

Post by mamatishe » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:11 am

hello

i was wondering if you could clarify this for me?
i am eligible for PR in march 2017
but my baby is due in april 2017
i will be applying for my PR once am due which will be 17 march 2017 or few days later
my question is wiill i have to register my child as a british citizen(pay d 936pounds fee) or my child will automatically be british (no huge fee) because i qualify for PR before he will be born.
technically the PR may be issued months later lets say July 2017. i do not feel it should be the date they issue the PR that the birth should be measured against.

pls can u clarify this

vinny

Re: British Passport for Child born in UK.

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 24, 2017 1:38 am

The date on the "Document Certifying Permanent Resident" is generated when they issued the document. If you can prove that the baby was born after you had automatically acquired PR status, then baby is automatically British.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.