ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing from form flr fp to flr m

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Shanshan17
Newly Registered

Changing from form flr fp to flr m

Post by Shanshan17 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 6:27 pm

Hi I'm confused in regards to the Forms flr fp and flr m. Quick background on my situation I am a British citizen and my partner is from the Caribbean. We have been together 9 years and we have 3 children together. I am currently studying part time and work 24 hours a week. He works full time and does 25 hours a week. We have lived together on and off as he takes care of his uncle who is gravely ill. I moved to out new home almost 2 years ago, however we made the decision that he would stay on at his uncles and take care of him
Until he was fit and well enough. He has moved back into our family a year ago. How can we prove 2 years cohabitation? Would a letter from his uncle be sufficient. We are both joint on all bills in property for the past year. Both our income combined takes us to £15,600 a year. I claim disability living allowance for our eldest son who is 8 years old as he has a disability. We've competed form flr fp as we do not meet the financial requirement of £18,600 but I'm now being told that we do qualify for form flr m can someone explain please?

vinny

Re: Changing from form flr fp to flr m

Post by vinny » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:42 pm

It's probably because you are claiming disability living allowance for your son.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Shanshan17
Newly Registered

Post by Shanshan17 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:37 am

Ok so can you advise me on the 2 years cohabitation please. I can only provide proof for 1 year, but I do have a letter from his uncle confirming that he had been living with him as his carer, Would they accept that?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:55 am

Shanshan17 wrote:Ok so can you advise me on the 2 years cohabitation please. I can only provide proof for 1 year, but I do have a letter from his uncle confirming that he had been living with him as his carer, Would they accept that?
A letter from a relative alone won't be sufficient as it proves nothing as far as the HO are concerned. You need to submit evidence of a relationship 'akin to marriage' for the full 2 year period. The Case Worker will want to see documented proof including joint address, shared finances, both names on the tenancy or mortgage.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Shanshan17
Newly Registered

Post by Shanshan17 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:17 pm

Ok I think we'll have to wait and do a switch once we have the 2 years worth of evidence. Thanks for your reply

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:57 pm

Shanshan17 wrote:Ok I think we'll have to wait and do a switch once we have the 2 years worth of evidence. Thanks for your reply
UKVI are aware of vexatious and frivolous applications to buy time....
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....