ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proving self employment for EEA4 (Surinder Singh)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

expatbg123
Newly Registered

Proving self employment for EEA4 (Surinder Singh)

Post by expatbg123 » Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:47 pm

Hi
I am a non-EU and I am wanting to apply for PR by EEA4 in UK under Surinder Singh.
My spouse is UK citizen and I came to UK on Family Permit (2011) shortly after obtained RC. Both were issued as he had a company in Bulgaria owning one property. He did not take a salary from his company but took money out when needed shown in accounts as returning initial investment.
The new EEA4 form states that evidence of sponsor's employment or self-employment but how can this be proved? He can provide online bank statements and yearly accounts but this shows payment/registration of taxes as a company not as a self employed company and we were in Bulgaria for 10 months after which there has been few transactions in the Bulgarian company bank account.
When we applied for the EEA2, he wrote a letter stated that he employed himself which they accepted at the time as he is and was the only employee of his company.
None of this was required before and FP and EEA2 RC was issued. On this basis can they refuse PR if treaty rights cannot be evidenced? Thanks in advance for any advice

MrSlyFox

Re: Proving self employment for EEA4 (Surinder Singh)

Post by MrSlyFox » Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:32 pm

You have to use the EEA PR form (Not form EEA 4) it is now a legal requirement - eea-route-applications/137-pages-eea-ap ... l#p1419964

expatbg123
Newly Registered

Post by expatbg123 » Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:26 pm

yes but it looks like I can't apply for PR after having been here 5 years

expatbg123
Newly Registered

Post by expatbg123 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:49 am

Any ideas