ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Sponsor. Appropriate Employer

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Tier 2 Sponsor. Appropriate Employer

Post by hassan5805 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:42 pm

Hi everyone, I need your guidance it's regarding my friend she was here on Tier 2 and married now become pregnant but her employer given her notice regarding termination letter once she told regarding pregnancy. This is really do immigrants doesn't have life. In this situation she can't get other job. Guys any suggestion what's her option. Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 Sponsor. Appropriate Employer

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:49 pm

If that was the reason for terminating her, then it is discrimination and she should contact ACAS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Mar 25, 2017 2:33 pm

And ACAS will do zero..... unfortunately a Sponsor can withdraw sponsorship at any time regardless of normal employment law and there is nothing ACAS or an employment tribunal can do to force a business to employ or re-employ an individual forced out because they do not have the right to work. Even if it was the employer that caused the loss of right to work.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:55 pm

CR001 wrote:If that was the reason for terminating her, then it is discrimination and she should contact ACAS.
I know but what kind of world we living in. On the letter he not mentioned pregnancy but only stated business loss and I can't afford but not fired any other employee .dont know what's gona happen

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:56 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:And ACAS will do zero..... unfortunately a Sponsor can withdraw sponsorship at any time regardless of normal employment law and there is nothing ACAS or an employment tribunal can do to force a business to employ or re-employ an individual forced out because they do not have the right to work. Even if it was the employer that caused the loss of right to work.
Any option ? Does she have? Any suggestion and help obviously she won't get another job baby due in 3 month. Pls help

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:00 pm

CR001 wrote:If that was the reason for terminating her, then it is discrimination and she should contact ACAS.
Can you let me know one thing if possible. If someone on maternity leave how long home office allow to take time off? So they can get ilr after 5 years or any problem will occur at time of ILR

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 5:29 pm

Without a sponsor, it is irrelevant how long maternity leave she takes (which is not an HO decision, but an employer). She won't qualify for ILR without a sponsor.

If she has not sponsor and her visa is cancelled, she also does not qualify for free NHS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:02 pm

CR001 wrote:Without a sponsor, it is irrelevant how long maternity leave she takes (which is not an HO decision, but an employer). She won't qualify for ILR without a sponsor.

If she has not sponsor and her visa is cancelled, she also does not qualify for free NHS.
Ok thanks for your reply. Why I am asking so she look for other jobs. What about unfair dismissal she worked 3 years there

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:08 pm

You should take note of what FrontierMole posted.

She has time to leave the UK if she is only 6 months pregnant.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:15 pm

CR001 wrote:You should take note of what FrontierMole posted.

She has time to leave the UK if she is only 6 months pregnant.
What if she finds another job? And they agree. To give 3 months maternity? Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:22 pm

The other issue is that employer has to terminate tier 2 staff in advance of UK/EEA staff.
Being with the employer three years will get you the absolute minimum redundancy package in any event.
I don't doubt the the employer decision to terminate your employment because of your pregnancy however you are going to struggle to prove the position and even if you do the possible return will be minimal.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:24 pm

You are not going to readily find another Sponsor that will entertain that scenario.

hassan5805
Member of Standing

Post by hassan5805 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 7:32 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:You are not going to readily find another Sponsor that will entertain that scenario.
Ok but can we not complain to home office regarding this injustice, they hire another 3 male staff on tier 2 but they not issue notices to them. Can home do something in this regard at least take action so he doesn't treat anyone like this in future. Employer mentioned her when she was getting marry that don't have baby until your visa expire.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:02 pm

Home Office does not deal with employment issues nor how the Sponsor treats staff unless it does not meet their Sponsor duties.
It is the same scenario when an employer refuses to increase salary to meet COS or ILR requirements.

Tier 2 employees are very much secondary emplees in the scale of things.

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Post by rubyracer2 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:39 pm

She may qualify for Statutory Maternity Pay (39 weeks) if she has crossed the qualifying week - 15 weeks before due date.

She also has to be working for the employer at least 26 weeks before the qualifying week and earning at least £112 per week in the 8 weeks before qualifying week