ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Do I need to update my CoS when applying for my dependant?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Isti
Newly Registered

Do I need to update my CoS when applying for my dependant?

Post by Isti » Mon Mar 27, 2017 4:49 pm

Hello Members of Board :) ,

Hope you are well!

I am on a Tier 2 G visa and my CoS was issued in May 2014. My personal information mentioned below has changed since then. My Wife will be applying for a dependant visa Mid April. I was wondering if its a requirement to update the CoS before I add it to my wife's document list.

What has changed in my personal circumstance:
1. Passport renewed (so have the old passport number on CoS)
2. Salary increase - As part of yearly increment
3. Address of residence

Can you please suggest and provide any official references? Would be of great help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Do I need to update my CoS when applying for my dependan

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:08 pm

https://www.gov.uk/change-circumstances ... have-a-brp

2. Your employer should have updated the system as far as I understand.

3. You should have reported the change in address. Hope this wasn't a long time ago that you moved.

You can't 'update a CoS'. It is 'used' once you apply for your visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Isti
Newly Registered

Post by Isti » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:04 pm

Thank you so much once again!! This platform is helping a lot of people like me. I am glad to have made the decision to register with this forum. I will do my best to contribute.

So, am I right in saying, I can only use the CoS that was issued to me when I first applied my Tier 2 G visa?

Please can you clarify, when you said
2. Your employer should have updated the system as far as I understand.
what system are you referring to? Do you mean the internal employer payroll system or the "SMS" but you mentioned "CoS can not be updated".

3. You should have reported the change in address. Hope this wasn't a long time ago that you moved.
I am sure you meant reporting to HO. Thanks again for the link, very helpful. I have looked at the form and it doesn't provide fields to mention Both before and after addresses as it stated in the "help text" of that form. I am planning to just write in the boxes both previous and current addresses. I will include my passport changes in personal details text box in the form.

I am also planning to get a 'certificate of posting' stamped by the post office when I post the "Migrant Change of Circumstances" form and add it to the list of documents in the Tier 2 G Dependant application.

Kudos: You've got sooo much patience... #28k posts... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ufffffff..... Couple of grey hair grown on my head in past few weeks :lol: :mrgreen:

Isti
Newly Registered

Post by Isti » Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:26 am

https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... pdate.ofml

I found this online form for change of address... very much straight forward... just have the digital copies of photo ID, current address proof.. I have submitted it and got an acknowledgement. Gave HO feedback to provide details on 'how to confirm' the changes have been made.

I will update you if I find an online form for passport changes.... :o