ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Dependant - Out of Country - Work

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

VijayUK

ILR Dependant - Out of Country - Work

Post by VijayUK » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:45 am

Hi,

My Partner is eligible for ILR soon and Number of Out of Country dates are well within 180 days per year.
However in between due to nature of work - contracting my partner has worked in MiddleEast.
On that Visa it is clearly written ( NOT PERMITTED TO WORK ). And for that job Salary was also not credited to UK.

Will it be a problem to apply for ILR once my partner completed 4 years 11 Months 5 days ?

Regards
Vijay

VijayUK

Re: ILR Dependant - Out of Country - Work

Post by VijayUK » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:32 am

Hi Gurus,

Can you please let me know the input/suggestions.

Regards
Vijay

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:54 am

VijayUK wrote:Hi,

My Partner is eligible for ILR soon and Number of Out of Country dates are well within 180 days per year.
However in between due to nature of work - contracting my partner has worked in MiddleEast.
On that Visa it is clearly written ( NOT PERMITTED TO WORK ). And for that job Salary was also not credited to UK.

Will it be a problem to apply for ILR once my partner completed 4 years 11 Months 5 days ?

Regards
Vijay
Depends if your partner is still tax resident in UK, in which case he/she is probably at least liable for split year treatment and UK tax due either way.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

VijayUK

Post by VijayUK » Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:12 pm

Middle east organisation has not paid any money to Uk account ..so after working for 10 months( travelling to UK for a week or 10 days for every 30-45 days period ) my partner decided to leave and came to UK.
because expenses what ever paid were 90% sufficient for the Hotel , Food and Travel expenses.