ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switching Tier 4 sponsor?

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

MSKF

Switching Tier 4 sponsor?

Post by MSKF » Sun Mar 26, 2017 8:50 pm

Hi,

I've been granted my Tier 4 leave until 2021 to do my PhD at my current university. The professor I wanted to do my PhD under has moved to a different university right when I started my PhD 6 months ago. I am about to get an offer letter from the university he moved to for the same research. I have to make a new Tier 4 application. My questions are:

1. Could they refuse for any obvious reason I'm missing?
2. Do I have to withdraw from my current university to apply for this new visa?
3. Should they refuse my visa, do I get to keep doing my PhD at my present university?

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member
United Kingdom

Re: Switching Tier 4 sponsor?

Post by sah10406 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:33 pm

MSKF wrote:1. Could they refuse for any obvious reason I'm missing?
No, as long as uit's obvious to the caseworker that it is the same course and that you meet all the Tier 4 requirements including maintenance.
MSKF wrote:2. Do I have to withdraw from my current university to apply for this new visa?
No, but as soon as you get the new one you are the responsibility of the new university, so you might want to speak to both sides about when they expect you to withdraw/join.
MSKF wrote:3. Should they refuse my visa, do I get to keep doing my PhD at my present university?
Yes, but obviously if there is a ground for refusal, don't apply.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

MSKF

Re: Switching Tier 4 sponsor?

Post by MSKF » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:09 pm

I can't think of any grounds for refusal. I have the money and I am a genuine student. I completed 6 months of my PhD at the present university and applied at the other university because the subject expert of my PhD has moved there. My PhD work is a a subset of his work. I was even supposed to work under him. Because he moved, I am trying to switch unis.

Thanks for the response.