ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EU spouse visiting other European countries

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SAtoIE
Newly Registered

Non-EU spouse visiting other European countries

Post by SAtoIE » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:10 am

Hi there,

I am a British man living with my non-EU (South African) spouse in Ireland. We are planning a summer holiday to France. I have read conflicting information online about whether or not my partner needs a visitor visa, or can she travel without a visa because she has the Stamp 4 GNIB card. Can anyone help with this question? Much appreciated.

Josh

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Non-EU spouse visiting other European countries

Post by max307 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:35 am

Hi Josh,

If your South African spouse holds a Stamp 4EUFAM and is travelling with you or you are joining her in France and you can prove that to the immigration officer at the port of entry, then she can travel without visa. If she’s travelling on her own she will need a Schengen visa.

Does your partner holds a Stamp 4 or Stamp 4EUFAM GNIB card?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

SAtoIE
Newly Registered

Post by SAtoIE » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:55 am

Thanks for your reply Max. She currently holds a Stamp4 GNIB card, which expires at the end of July. We are due a decision on the permanent card any day now.

Would she need the "Stamp 4EUFAM" to be visa exempt for France? And yes we would be travelling together.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:23 am

If she holds a Stamp 4 she will need a visa for France.

http://www.ambafrance-ie.org/Procedure-1249
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

SAtoIE
Newly Registered

Post by SAtoIE » Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:50 am

Thanks for your help. Incidentally, in what situation does a person get the EUFAM stamp 4 and not the normal stamp 4?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:03 am

Non EU citizens family members of EU citizens in Ireland get Stamp 4EUFAM. Are you also Irish citizen? Your wife should have Stamp 4EUFAM if you applied for her permanent card on your British passport.

Only non EU citizens family members of Irish citizens in Ireland get Stamp 4.

Or maybe because this is her temporary card? You might want to check that with INIS.

Strider1779
Newly Registered

Post by Strider1779 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:18 am

Hi
We are just finishing the whole EU treaty RIghts saga took 8 months to complete...

If your non EU partner wants to visit France they need Visa... if the wish to renter Ireland they need reentry Visa (Unless you got a GNIB multi trip).

Now this all changes once you get the EU Treaty Rights approval letter then get the GNIB card changed over to type "Stamp 4EUFAM", Then you dont need anything you just travel.... your partner would have same "Free Travel" rights as you in EU country

Watch out though...when you get letter you should have already have your appointment booked at the GNIB office... yes before you get letter. If its Dublin the online system is rather fully booked... you can always cancel if you dont get letter in time for appointment