ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Decison has been made, but letter never received

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lmuee08

Decison has been made, but letter never received

Post by lmuee08 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:00 am

Hi everyone,

Thanks in advance for any advise for this forum. I have submit my application via NCS back in Sep 2016. A couple of weeks back, it reached 6 months and I called the 0300 number. They noted down my case number and some one called me back in the afternoon with the "heart breaking" news - A decision has been made and a letter has been posted to my in mid Feb. And the letter I have never received.

I was advised to email nationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gsi.gov.uk and asking for a duplicate letter. More than one week on, I have not heard anything back. I could not get speak to anyone from UKVI. The only people on the phone always suggested to email them, which they seems never response.

Just wonder if anyone has also gone through such bad experience and what is the best solution could be? Should I approach my MP.

Thank you everyone, I am very worried and depressed. The application fee is over 1k and why a recorded delivery could not be used?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Decison has been made, but letter never received

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:06 am

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:18 am

Thanks Moderator. It seems both cases received council invitations. I have not received anything neither from HO nor council which worries me the decision could be either possitive or negative. :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:25 am

There were a couple of case at the beginning of last year where no letters were received and the member posted what he did and the success. When I have time later today, I will try to find the topic and post it here for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:33 am

CR001 wrote:There were a couple of case at the beginning of last year where no letters were received and the member posted what he did and the success. When I have time later today, I will try to find the topic and post it here for you.
Thank you very much!

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Hi Everyone,

A little update from my situation. I have received a response from UKVI with a image of the letter they posted to me back in Feb. Unfortunately, the letter went to wrong address (the address I lived 5 years ago when I have my EEA4 granted) in a different council.

I want to hear your opinion on what I should do next:

Option 1, try to knock the door at the old address see if whoever is living there still have the letter and contact the local council for Ceremony;

Option 2, email back and ask them to re issue the letter to the correct address, hopefully the ceremony will be allocated to my current council

Any suggestions are welcomed. Thanks in advance!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:24 pm

Option 2.

What address did you put in the form as your 'current address'?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:30 pm

CR001 wrote:Option 2.

What address did you put in the form as your 'current address'?
Yes, my current address. I was very shocked when I saw the letter was posted to the old address.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:48 pm

Suggest point this out to HO as clearly not your error. If you have a copy of the form, send the relevant page to prove it if they ask.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:32 pm

CR001 wrote:Suggest point this out to HO as clearly not your error. If you have a copy of the form, send the relevant page to prove it if they ask.
They did post the acknoledgement letter and the biometric requirement letter to my current address. This makes me really puzzled how come the final decision went to the old one. :roll:

lmuee08

Post by lmuee08 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:52 pm

Update:

Received another email from HO this morning with a scanned letter with correct address and also stating the letter is in the post and coming to the correct address.
HOWEVER, I will need to go to the local council for ceremony since the certificate has been already with the council. It seems the letter issue date is still back in Feb. not much time left before 90 days runs out.

I will report back once I receive the letter in post.