ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR application question

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JsB
Newly Registered

PR application question

Post by JsB » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:57 pm

Hi there

I'm new to this forum and hoping you, experienced members can help.

I've been in continuous employment in UK since 10.2005 until now and post Brexit decided as a family it's time to apply for permanent residency and British passport.

I registered for WRS for 1st job, paid fees etc, gave it to employer back then and forgot about it.
Now (after almost 12 years) it's required again to apply for residency.

In your opinion, if possible, can I advise only period between 2010 - 2016 ? Is HO bothered about period beyond 5 or 6 years?
I'm finding application to obtain copy of WRS painful and slow, besides this I didn't apply for it again after I changed jobs (only gave it to 1st employer, worked through agency first then got hired directly so handed certificate internally). This would also involve advising H.O arrival to UK in 2010 and not 2005.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Many thanks

MrSlyFox

Re: PR application question

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:17 pm

You may use any continuous five-year period to qualify for PR so if you wish to use the period after WRS was scraped you may rely on that providing you were a qualified person.

JsB
Newly Registered

Post by JsB » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:43 pm

MrSlyFox wrote:You may use any continuous five-year period to qualify for PR so if you wish to use the period after WRS was scraped you may rely on that providing you were a qualified person.
would this not cause any issues with applying for citizenship down the line, bearing in mind I' would hide fact I arrived, lived and worked in UK 5yr earlier?

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:10 pm

JsB wrote:
MrSlyFox wrote:You may use any continuous five-year period to qualify for PR so if you wish to use the period after WRS was scraped you may rely on that providing you were a qualified person.
would this not cause any issues with applying for citizenship down the line, bearing in mind I' would hide fact I arrived, lived and worked in UK 5yr earlier?
You should never try and deceive the Home Office! People have successfully applied for British Citizenship without WRS (or maybe it was late WRS registration) I believe, try searching the fourm.

JsB
Newly Registered

Post by JsB » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:59 pm

on required docs page on HO website there is below statement :

Proof that Mr..... has authorisation to work as an accession state national, such as worker registration cards or certificates, accession worker card, blue or yellow registration certificate, worker authorisation (purple) registration certificate, passport endorsed with leave to remain, or proof of exemption

If one applies for PR and provides period between 04.2011 and 04.2016 what proof does HO want?