ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply EU visa during tier-2 curtailment

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rocklee
Newly Registered

Apply EU visa during tier-2 curtailment

Post by rocklee » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:40 pm

Hi,

My company got closed in jan end and company updated to HO about my tier 2 sponsorship on Feb 13th. I have not yet received the curtailment letter, so I dont know when is the due date for the visa. At this time, I would like to know if I can make Tourist visa application to go to France? I would like to go from here and then after visit europe I plan to go back to my country and not return to UK.
Do you think I can apply for Schengan visa in UK now? Has any one done this before... please provide your suggestions.

Thanks

vinny

Re: Apply EU visa during tier-2 curtailment

Post by vinny » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:57 pm

You could try. But they may refuse you re-entry into the UK without a new Entry clearance. You would have to return directly home from Europe.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

rocklee
Newly Registered

Post by rocklee » Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:00 pm

Thanks Vinny,

No, I will not enter UK again. I will go to my country after visiting France.

But, what I wanted to know is, if I can apply for French visa. Because, as I dont work here anymore, my UK visa will be curtailed (at some point) and EU visa application asks for a valid UK visa which has atleast 90 days of validity to live in UK (on my card i have validity till 2019) but its curtailment is what I am thinking might create problem. So wanted to know if I could apply for Visa now. Do you think I can?

rocklee
Newly Registered

Post by rocklee » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:45 am

Guys anyone got any suggestions please...?

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:59 pm

If you haven't got a written letter from the home office yet. you could try to apply for schengen visa asap while your visa is still valid. chances are you will get it in few weeks and hopefully enjoy your trip. good luck.