ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing cousins over for holiday while on benefits

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eastlondon1
Newly Registered

Bringing cousins over for holiday while on benefits

Post by eastlondon1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:18 pm

Hi,

I'm a British citizen and my cousin sister and her children are visiting UK on a tourist visa. They are financially good to cover tickets and other expenses. They would like to stay with me for most of the trip as they will be new in the U.K.

I'm living in a two bedrooms terraced house with my children. I'm on a low income benefit as I'm not able to earn enough.

Can I invite them to live with me during my cousin family visit? Also do I need to provide any financial evidence to prove I can bear their minimum living expenses e.g. Food and few gifts?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Bringing cousins over for holiday while on benefits

Post by seagul » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:44 pm

If you are not earning enough and receiving income support then how can you convince that you can financially support the tourists. If they are financially sound then let them support themselves and more importantly HO will seek to confirm that whether will they return back home before the expiry of their visa for which strong ties with their own country will have to demonstrate.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.