ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVI is using my maiden name but application in married name

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mbfill
Newly Registered

UKVI is using my maiden name but application in married name

Post by mbfill » Tue Mar 28, 2017 6:58 pm

I have received my acknowledgement email today. However i have noticed that i was addressed in my maiden name although I have submitted an application using my married name. I have been using my married name since 2010.

When i was with the NCS, I have submitted my current passport (already in my married name), marriage certificate, copy of my husband's passport and my expired passport (in my maiden name) which holds my ILR stamp (in my maiden name). My LITUK test is in my maiden name and my B1 test in my married name.

Will i be getting a naturalisation certificate in my birth/maiden name should my application is successful? Will this be an issue when i decide to apply for a British passport?

Chinho2k

Re: UKVI is using my maiden name but application in married

Post by Chinho2k » Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:24 pm

UKVI do tend to use the name on your ILR for correspondence but if you provided your marriage certificate and passport in married name they will use the name on your naturalisation application form (married name) for the certificate. As for the passport, as long as you provide current passport in married name that's the name they will use. I stand corrected.