ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR for eea spouse of a eea citizen with PR obtained

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vmathiou
Newly Registered

PR for eea spouse of a eea citizen with PR obtained

Post by vmathiou » Mon Mar 27, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi,

I would like a clarification on a matter that has confused me due to multiple sources in the web.

I am a eea citizen and i have obtained PR 9 months ago. My wife which i married 18 months ago is also a eea citizen employed in the uk for 3 and a half years. As there is a possibility of losing her job in the months would she require to get CSI or would she be ok to apply for PR after a year and a half without CSI due to my status?

Just to let you know i have no intention to apply for BC until she gets her PR. If she can relay on me will she maintain her right to work as PR based on my status?

A reply would be appreciated as i am stuck. There are a lot of comments for spouses of british or eea student but a gap on this matter.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Re: PR for eea spouse of a eea citizen with PR obtained

Post by Wise » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:02 pm

Because you only both married 18 month ago that will not favor her regarding you having PR as she hasn't lived with you/perform her treaty right for 5 yrears in UK.

My advice for her is to hold on and apply for PR in her own right when she complete 5 years. If she lose her job let her apply for jsa and keep all the paperwork regarding this and also try to look for work for at least she may do that maximum of 6 month she will still be okay within the law.

OR

As you pointed out about the (csi very important) she may do that as self sufficient /student person again she will have to proof the money she is relying on in her bank statements though. As a couple you may transfer your salary to her account every month/week and the family can spend it from there that will okay too. She may choose to do that for the rest of her completing the remaining treaty right to apply for the PR.

Good Luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

vmathiou
Newly Registered

Post by vmathiou » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:18 pm

Wise thanks the quick reply.

A solicitor advise was she can rely on me if she loses her job but i welcome your approach.

All our current and saving accounts are on both our names. Do we still need to transfer my salary to the account that she is currently being paid?

Secondly any advise on where to look for a csi, i guess a private health provider, and what to ask to be included? Any idea of the montly cost?

vmathiou
Newly Registered

Post by vmathiou » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:46 pm

Last question regarding your statement "Because you only both married 18 month ago that will not favor her regarding you having PR as she hasn't lived with you/perform her treaty right for 5 yrears in UK."

Does that means that my status in not enough for her and that is not acceptable by the HO to provide PR if she exercised her treaty rights for 3.5 years as a worker and use my status for the rest of the time without csi?

I understand is a vague issue but they must be clarity on this by the HO.

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Tue Mar 28, 2017 7:25 pm

Because you both have right to be in United Kingdom and also the issue of Brexit going on and to be honest you both have nothing to worry about as an EU nationals. The EU parliament in Brussel with sort something out for their citizens and also if you have been following the news very well on this there was actually same positive voice in guarantee the right of the EU citizens in UK and UK in all EU nations.

To be honest there is no point in joining herself with you because you have same right in UK. Like i said because you are married you need to transfer your salary monthly/weekly to her bank account and the whole family can spend it from there. That will show that she was (self sufficient person) including CSI and not a liability to the UK government, otherwise she will have to show another way of getting money to live on, like working again.

CSI is not that expensive some are £9 or less in a month. Try Aviva or Bupa health insurance and it doesn't matter what premium you get and if i were you i will go for the basic.

These is all because you both haven't lived together/married for 5yrs. When the time come she need to submit the bank account,csi paper work,jsa paper work,previous employment paper work like P60s etc, as long as it cover 5 yrs that is okay. I believe she will complete that before Brexit even finish anyway.

Good Luck.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

vmathiou
Newly Registered

Post by vmathiou » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:00 pm

Thanks a lot for the advise. Really appreciated