ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Form AN questions for EEA with DCPR

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

johnkk
Greece

Form AN questions for EEA with DCPR

Post by johnkk » Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi all, I am an EEA national and I have obtained a DCPR. I acquired PR status on September 2015, so it's now more than a year since PR status.

I have a few questions before I submit my BC application!
  1. Field 1.1 "Please Give any reference numbers used in your immigration applications".

I have the CaseID for my EEA(PR) application which resulted in the DCPR. Do I use this one here?
  2. Field 1.3: Date you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain.

As an EEA national, do I use the date I acquired PR status ( Sept 2015 as indicated in the SAR document I received) - or do I leave it empty?
  3. I have a formal name in my EEA passport, but in the UK I typically go by with an 'anglicized' version of that name - that's how I'm unofficially known at work for example. However in all official documentation, government documents and employment contracts I only use the 'passport' name.

Do I put this 'anglicized' name in field 1.6 or 1.8 or nowhere? I do not want this to end up in my BC documents.
  4. I have a MSc degree from a UK university. I suppose I just send this in to fulfill the language requirements? (no NARIC confirmation).
  5. In the log of countries visited, does the "reason" really matter? I have done >40 business trips in various countries including the US. Yet I have no stamps in my passports due to EU and ESTA.
  6. In field 2.4 it asks for the 'date of issue' of the DCPR. Is that the date the card was issued or the date I acquired PR? I suspect it's the issue of the actual card but want to confirm.
  7. For Section 3 documentation, applicants normally have to submit evidence of residence in the UK covering the past 5 years. However in my case 4 of those 5 years are 'covered' by my DCPR - I submitted that evidence then.

Do I need to re-submit evidence covering the 5 years or is evidence in the period between PR status acquisition and today enough? If not, would a letter of an employer saying I worked for them in the UK for the past 6 years be enough or do I need P60s and utility bills etc like in the DCPR application ?
Thank you very much in advance!

salmintin

Re: Form AN questions for EEA with DCPR

Post by salmintin » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:08 pm

johnkk wrote:Hi all, I am an EEA national and I have obtained a DCPR. I acquired PR status on September 2015, so it's now more than a year since PR status.

I have a few questions before I submit my BC application!
  1. Field 1.1 "Please Give any reference numbers used in your immigration applications".

I have the CaseID for my EEA(PR) application which resulted in the DCPR. Do I use this one here?
  2. Field 1.3: Date you were given indefinite leave to enter/remain.

As an EEA national, do I use the date I acquired PR status ( Sept 2015 as indicated in the SAR document I received) - or do I leave it empty?
  3. I have a formal name in my EEA passport, but in the UK I typically go by with an 'anglicized' version of that name - that's how I'm unofficially known at work for example. However in all official documentation, government documents and employment contracts I only use the 'passport' name.

Do I put this 'anglicized' name in field 1.6 or 1.8 or nowhere? I do not want this to end up in my BC documents.
  4. I have a MSc degree from a UK university. I suppose I just send this in to fulfill the language requirements? (no NARIC confirmation).
  5. In the log of countries visited, does the "reason" really matter? I have done >40 business trips in various countries including the US. Yet I have no stamps in my passports due to EU and ESTA.
  6. In field 2.4 it asks for the 'date of issue' of the DCPR. Is that the date the card was issued or the date I acquired PR? I suspect it's the issue of the actual card but want to confirm.
  7. For Section 3 documentation, applicants normally have to submit evidence of residence in the UK covering the past 5 years. However in my case 4 of those 5 years are 'covered' by my DCPR - I submitted that evidence then.

Do I need to re-submit evidence covering the 5 years or is evidence in the period between PR status acquisition and today enough? If not, would a letter of an employer saying I worked for them in the UK for the past 6 years be enough or do I need P60s and utility bills etc like in the DCPR application ?
Thank you very much in advance!
1. I don't think that's what they want. I'd leave it blank, I think they ask it just to make their lives easier trying to find you in their system, but obviously they have other ways.
2. I think it's up to you, people tried both. I would write the date I acquired PR.
3. They want to know if you've ever used a different name in official situations. You can mention it on page 22 in the additional info box, but I don't think this is what they are looking for in fields 1.6 and 1.8
4. Yes.
5. They ask for it, so write it. It probably only makes a difference if you are above the limit and they have to use discretion.
6. It says date of issue, so what's unclear?
7. Yes, you need to resubmit evidence. They have different requirements after all.

A letter from your employer would be great, although they may want evidence that you paid taxes etc. so you will probably need to submit P60s as well. However some NCS offices will not accept them for some reason.

If I were you I would take with me as many official documents as possible (the letter from your employer being the important one) and I would submit as many as possible. After all there's no penalty for sending too many documents.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:05 pm

1. Leave blank.

2. You do not have ILR, leave blank and complete the relevant section for EU citizens where it will ask about your PR.

3. You will only be granted citizenship with the name that appears in your foreign passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

johnkk
Greece

Post by johnkk » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:21 pm

CR001 wrote: 3. You will only be granted citizenship with the name that appears in your foreign passport.
Yes I'm aware of that - and that's exactly what I want. What worries me slightly if I don't fill in the 'anglicized' name in Field 1.8 is HO getting back to me to ask why I didn't fill it in, if for whatever reason they find out I unofficially use another name. I don't want to be refused for not submitting accurate info!

In summary:
  1. I'll not fill in Field 1.1 and Field 1.3 - but I'll confirm with NCS about that when I go there.
  2. I'll also not fill in the 'unofficial' name - even if Field 1.8 is supposed to be there for "other names".
  3. I'll use my UK degree without seeking anything from NARIC for language requirements
  4. I'll use the date of issue of the DCPR card for field 2.4 (even though the PR acquisition date is different)
  5. I'll submit a letter from employer covering all 5 previous years + P60s and P45s. Possibly one utility bill or HMRC letter for each year as well to be on the safe side.
Thank you very much both for your answers!