ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

All those applied for EC in January 2008

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

dieseldespo
Newly Registered

Post by dieseldespo » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:18 pm

I & my friend applied on 23rd Jan and mailed to BHC.

They replied saying visa has been granted and I can collect the passport tomorrow. :D

gaugupta

Hi DeselDespo

Post by gaugupta » Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:56 pm

Hi Desel,

Can you tell me which BHC you have applied for EC?

Thanks

Gaurav

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:20 pm

hsmp_1476 wrote:Hi HSMPinit,

looks like BHC is processing applications faster compared to Dec thread or not many ppl who applied in Jan are in this thread.

Have you or Achtung tried to call/mail BHC? Is it the standard reply that you guys are getting?
Yes I tried calling them up and mailing them and the people who respond does not seem to have an idea or clue when the decision is going to be taken. They reply saying wait for another 2 weeks. It keeps me even more confused!

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:47 am

Hey guys,

good morning. As usual, I called up BHC again today morning. I got to another fact about my application.

This time fortunately it was a different lady at BHC who picked up the call. She asked my passport no (I had called them up atleast 8 times before and they always said call after 10 days or some crap like that) and told that they received teh application on 14th, even though I had applied it on 9th Jan.

I dont know why VFS guys delayed sending the application. Anyways, I guess I will have to wait longer now :(

Thanks,
Citizenship applied on 13th Oct @ NCS Wandsworth...

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:51 am

Yeah..the same thing happened to me also...When I called a couple of days back..they said they received my application on 18th although I had applied on 14th. But the strange fact is that a guy who had applied with me on 14th got his EC done and infact ppl applied later than me also have got their ECs done..Not sure whts the reason for the inconsistencies...

HSMPinit

Post by HSMPinit » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:21 am

Today called BHC to check the status... I really got surprised when the guy at the other end told me that they are wiating for Integra reports... coz 2 weeks back when I had called them up they had told me that they have received the report...

anyone has any idea what this really means???
Thanks...
Veeresh

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:43 am

Hi HSMPInit,

That is strange. I had sent them a mail and they replied saying they have received the integra report. I will check with tehm on monday and let you know.

Thanks

akira

Post by akira » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:44 am

good to see the progress for dec applicants... i have sent BHC mail in the morning and I haven't received any mail yet.....

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:58 am

Hi All,

Called up BHC this morning and got the same answer :(

I told the lady that lof ppl who applied after me have already got their visa, so why is there an issue with my application. For that she told the time depends on the kind of documentation that you supply. Then I asked her if there is anything wrong with what I have given. For that she told that the case worker has mentioned anything like that and just asked me to wait for another 10 days.

Its very frustating to wait this long.

Thanks

akira

Post by akira » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:12 am

even i have called them up in the morning and the guy who picked up told me to call next week ... its becoming a real pain to wait..

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:49 am

Yep..same here...the guy told me to call later this week or early next week. Also asked them if they are waiting for any reports..so he told all the reports are in place...

ravs9
Newly Registered

Query Regarding showing funds

Post by ravs9 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:19 am

Hi All

Good to know that u are all eagerly waiting for the approvls from BHC.. Wish u all the best.

I am also planniing to apply for EC. I would like to know whether we can show the money in our PPF account and mutual funds investment, in my proofs of Financial status.
As me and my husband both will be applying for EC together. What all can we show under this category.

I wud like to thank u all in advance for ur replies.

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:23 am

ravs9,

Yes, ofcourse you can show those...but remember, what the ECO likes to see and prefers is how much of liquid cash is available for your disposal..So, more the liquid cash, the better for you...

akira

Post by akira » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:11 am

hi all...
any progress today after the 3 30 update....

hsmp_1476

Post by hsmp_1476 » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:33 am

Absolutely no change in my status :(

Is this delay happening only from Dec? How was teh scene before for HSMP and WP applications? I had a visitors visa for UK and I could get that in 3 days. That was bk in 2005.

Achtung

GOT EC

Post by Achtung » Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:22 pm

GOT MY PASSPORT BACK EC 2 YEARS!!!!

thanks to all, I must say that the discussions in this forum are really helpful combined with such great forum members it makes life easy for all HSMP applicants!

If you have any questions post me! All the best for all waiting!

By the way I am Jan 2 applicant (VFS bangalore)

ravikia
Newly Registered

Hw to know the status.

Post by ravikia » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Hey Congrats Achtung,
My name is kiran.I have applied for EC on 25th Jan from HYD.I hav tried to conatct VFS chennai and they said it otakes 18-20 working days.I hav seen in the posts.most of the applicants say that they got to know about the status of their application(whether integra is done or not...etc).How you guys are contacting BHO.Can anybody please tell me hpw to contact them and get to know about the status.
Thanks in advance
Kiran

Achtung

Post by Achtung » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:58 am

Call the BHC Chennai...and ask on the Integra...

sree
Newly Registered

Post by sree » Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:43 am

Hi All,

I have got EC approval mail from BHC today.I have to apply for new passport for getting visa stamped.Thx a lot to all.Best of luck for all the applicants who are waiting for the result.

My timelines:

EC applied:7th Jan,Blore VFS

FYI:
Dear Mr xxxx,

Thank you for your e-mail.

You may wish to note that your visa is granted subject to you obtaining a new passport. The existing passport is badly damaged and the Entry Clearance Officer does not wish to endorse the visa on the same. The passport and a letter to the same extant has been despatched.
Please obtain a new passport and submit the same for endorsement of visa.

Trust the above clarifies.

Yours truly,

Casework Section
British Deputy High Commission, Chennai.

Sukhdeep

QUERY ABOUT EC: Funds and liquid assests

Post by Sukhdeep » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:07 am

Hi

I will be applying for EC for myself along with my wife. However I have some doubts regarding EC process

1. WhichVisa form needs to be filled for EC, by the dependant ie for my wife VAF2 or VAF4

2. Whats the accurate bank balance that we need to show

3. IF we have some savings in PPF can we show those in liquid assets, (as PPF money get locked for few years and we cannot withdraw that right now if we need money) (in case yes what are the proofs required for the same)

4. Also if we add up to something like 4.5 lakhs in our bank accounts, is this amount enough liquid asset for both of us... can we also show some jewellery as our asset ( again if YES we show this wht are the docs required)

5.Also this money is spread in three different saving accounts is that fine? ( Our Current salary accounts + one of my wife's older salary account)

6. We have 2 credit card also, one with each of us .. CAN we also show them as our liquid assets

Thanks to all in advance

Anusha Ramsiva
Newly Registered

Re: QUERY ABOUT EC: Funds and liquid assests

Post by Anusha Ramsiva » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:41 am

Hi

We had applied EC at chennai VFS on 28 Jan
Could some onelet us know whether it is compulsory to show the jobserve (JOb search) Fundas also along with the documents submitted for EC..

Is it mandatory?

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:43 am

Anusha Ramsiva wrote:Hi

We had applied EC at chennai VFS on 28 Jan
Could some out let us know whether it is compulsory to show the jobserve (JOb search) Fundas also along with the documents submitted for EC..

Is it mandatory?
There is no written documentation which says the job search docs are mandatory...but in order to convince the ECO and make your case stronger, it is highly recommended to attach the job search details...It strengthens your case..

Anusha Ramsiva
Newly Registered

Post by Anusha Ramsiva » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:49 am

Hi

Thanks a lot for the speedy reply.So are u still awaiting for ur Visa .. what would be the mail address through which i can communicate to the BHC ?/Do i need to put a call to VFS for tracking my application
Since i could see only one entry stating my passport had been sent to BHC

Whre from I can get the rem information?

reincarnation

Post by reincarnation » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:52 am

You can mail BHC at : Chennai.VisaEnquiry@fco.gov.uk
Or call them at 044-42192308 / 42192310 weekdays 8 till 11.30 I guess

Anusha Ramsiva
Newly Registered

Post by Anusha Ramsiva » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:59 am

Thanks a lot -(name)reincarnation