ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employment Letter

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Berboy
Newly Registered

Employment Letter

Post by Berboy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:36 am

I would really like some help with my employment letter as i will be applying for FLR M in 2 weeks time in person

I have been employed at the same company since 2014. I am paid every fortnight and my hours are Mon-Fri 8am-5.30pm and Saturday 8am- 1.30pm
This is roughly 48 hours fixed minus-ing the breaks
The pay slips usually show 97-100 hours of work for 2 weeks

I am paid hourly and sometimes paid on a time and a half rate
I also work overtime aswell
I have received my last payslip for the year ending 2016-2017 and it shows my gross earning of £19812
I will be submitting the whole years payslips even though i know i only need the last 6 months pay slips

My monthly pay is as follows

April £1390
May £1590
June £1523
July £1536
August £2230
September £1639
Last 6 months
October £1607
November £1476
December £1490
January £1497
February £1416
March £2400

I understand they will take the lowest pay and times that by 12

In the employment letter should overtime be mentioned and the time and half rate?
Should the annual salary be mentioned even though the lowest pay in the last 6 months is February £1416
Which if Times-ed that by 12 is £16992, but that figure doesn't match the gross pay for this last year of £19k

Does Net pay need to be mentioned?

My wife also works so i will be including her pay aswell but i am unsure how my employemtn letter should be written

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Employment Letter

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:20 pm

Caseworker don't care about the per hour rate and pattern of hours although it must be written in employment letter. All they care about whether the applicant meets the financial threshold. Based on your wages which seems like varying each month then more likely you falls under category A non-salaried person where the average of last 6 months wages will be used to calculate the annual income instead taking the lowest wages figure which relates to salaried person who get fixed wages. Below will be your calculation.

2400+1416+1497+1490+1476+1607= 9886/6×12=19772
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Berboy
Newly Registered

Post by Berboy » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:03 pm

Thank you so much for the reply back
Your reply has been very Helpful

Should the employer write what the average pay is monthly? And what the net pay is?
So if we take the £19772 and divide it by 12 it comes up to £1647 a month average
But that is not the figure that shows in the payslips every month

If the employer writes the monthly Gross pay varies between £1400-£2400 would that be better aswell as writing what the gross annual pay is?

Should overtime be mentioned?Time and half rate be mentioned?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:25 pm

There is no fixed employer letter template but generally an employer states the title of job, wages, pattern of hours, lenghth of employment, terms & conditions, overtime etc. And also keep in mind that all calculations are made by using gross wages figures before tax & other deductions. Personally I suggest that applicant should made itself the calculation as what route of financial threshold they are adopting in the form instead leaving on caseworker to choose. And I also see no harm if employer mention the last 6 months gross wages and it's average in employer letter along with other necessary details.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.