ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question About Public Funds/State Benefits

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

p3585
Newly Registered

Question About Public Funds/State Benefits

Post by p3585 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:00 am

Hi,
I am planning to apply for PR based on being with my EEA wife in UK on a Family member of EEA national visa. While filling the form the section 16 asks about claiming Public Funds/State Benefits. I am just interested in understanding how is this taken into account while making the decision? As we are a couple, both our names appear on the tax and benefits letters. For the initial 2 years only she (as am not an eea national) received child tax, working tax, housing benefits. Although her income is the same (5000/year), as i gained more salary (29000/year) in new employments, we no more receive any benefits. I am submitting hmrc letters as part of proof for 5 years as a couple at an address, so all details are their. Just curious as to how is public funds use this taken into consideration?
many thanks.

p3585
Newly Registered

Re: Question About Public Funds/State Benefits

Post by p3585 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 12:54 pm

anyone, any ideas??

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:02 pm

Whichever person is in the UK as a family member of an EEA National will not have a visa.
The EEA National must be a qualified person. How were they excusing treaty rights for the five years?
The Non-EEA National work isn't relevant only if the EEA National was a QP
Last edited by MrSlyFox on Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

p3585
Newly Registered

Post by p3585 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:04 pm

My wife is the eea national, she has a permanenet residence permit too, i am the non eea national. she has access to and claimed benefits for 2yrs (of the 5yr period ) sine i have been with her. application form asks you to disclose this, am just wondering why? how is that information used or any requirement around use or non use of benefits?!?

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:07 pm

p3585 wrote:My wife is the eea national, she has a permanenet residence permit too, i am the non eea national. she has access to and claimed benefits for 2yrs (of the 5yr period ) sine i have been with her. application form asks you to disclose this, am just wondering why? how is that information used or any requirement around use or non use of benefits?!?
Then you should be okay, Receiving public funds with PR is fine. It shouldn't affect you acquiring PR. It probably if more relevant if the EEA National was claiming they were self-sufficient