ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 Outside / remote chance of approval

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

IndianoftheUK
Newly Registered

MN1 Outside / remote chance of approval

Post by IndianoftheUK » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:16 pm

I am confused if this is right place to post -

My husband became British in 2016 March from ILR, me and my son are Indians in the UK as ILR dependents initial visa of 33 months granted on August 2014 expiring on 30th April 2017.

We will be applying to extension of course, but would like to know if there is any way we can apply for my son's UK citizenship, we had second child last year who is British by birth and got his British passport. Would we stand any chance based on strength of family connections?

Kind Regards
Chandra

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: MN1 Outside / remote chance of approval

Post by CR001 » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:18 pm

No there is not. Children born abroad are expected to hold ILR to qualify and he will have to follow the same visa route as you.

The only time he MIGHT get it is once you have ILR or BC.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

IndianoftheUK
Newly Registered

Re: MN1 Outside / remote chance of approval

Post by IndianoftheUK » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:27 pm

thanks very much. I thought that would be the case.