ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info Needed Re AIT Hearing

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

SWPQ
Newly Registered

Info Needed Re AIT Hearing

Post by SWPQ » Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:32 am

I need some advice re the following:

I have been studying ACCA Accounting in the UK since 2003. Last October I submitted my application for FLR (S) and it was rejected on the grounds of not complying with the conditions of stay.

I have submitted my appeal to the AIT and I have a hearing next Month. I have just received my exam results and I have now cleared Level 2 ACCA which is the equivalent of a UK Bachelors degree. Is it possible for me to switch from student to IGS? Will the AIT consider this when reviewing my case.

Any advice provided will be appreciated.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:53 pm

You need to ask the judge to consider post-decision information. Tricky, but not impossible.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:39 pm

SWPQ;
I would recommend that you obtain a letter from NARIC showing the equivalence of the ACCA level 2 and the Bachelors degree; may sound a straightforward equivalence to you, however not everyone is familiar with the accreditation.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:56 pm

Which conditions did you breach by the way?

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

SWPQ
Newly Registered

Post by SWPQ » Tue Feb 19, 2008 9:48 am

Try-one;

Why would I need a NARIC equivalence assessment for a qualification that is UK based? I have read somewhere online that the HO recognises the above.....I don't remember on which website though.

Victoria, as per the HO rejection letter all conditions were breached. I know it`s not looking good, but I have since submitted my appeal letter along with supporting evidence to the AIT. Personally there were exceptional circumstances and I my view my actions were not deliberate nor intentional. I have an appointment to go and see an advisor at the IAS office next week.

The new term starts the first week in March, should I go ahead and enroll for the new term or should I rest my hopes on the Tribunal supporting my side of the argument. I am really in a 'grey area' at the moment.

try-one
Member of Standing

Post by try-one » Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:32 am

SWPQ,
I recommend the NARIC letter because the Case Worker from the HO may not visit the same web sites as you; ACCA is a a qualification NOT a degree.
Just as general information, please see some text from the official ACCA site:
ACCA will provide you with additional opportunities on the way to becoming a qualified accountant
Based on that, I would interpret that ACCA is not a degree; it is just a qualification from the UK (different from a degree).

So, to avoid confusion and to really know what to expect, it would help you to get a letter from NARIC.
-------------------------
Life is a journey, not a destination (S. Tyler)