ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Compulsory information needed for Online EEA(PR)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Wabiloo
Newly Registered

Compulsory information needed for Online EEA(PR)

Post by Wabiloo » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:06 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to apply for the Residence Card (as first step for citizenship).
My situation is quite simple:
- From EEA (Belgium)
- Lived in UK for the last 15 years uninterrupted
- In same job for the last 6 years
- In same house for the last 6 years (which I own).

Yet, I find the online EEA(PR) form a nightmare.
It asks questions like "Have you been a student or done vocational training since entering the UK?" The answer is yes. I did a Master and studied for a PhD, more than 10 years ago (before getting a job, without interruption in between).
However, if I answer that questions truthfully, it asks me to justify that in the documents I need to send. Now, I didn't complete the PhD, so don't really have any document to show for it. It's also been more than 10 years and I have no idea where those papers are. It would then also ask for evidence of private insurance covering that period, which I cannot provide (my EHIC card has long expired, and I have private medical insurance through work).

Am I right in thinking that *only* proof of eligibility *from the last 5 years* is required? Can I just "lie" to that questions about being a student then?

MrSlyFox

Re: Compulsory information needed for Online EEA(PR)

Post by MrSlyFox » Wed Mar 29, 2017 7:15 pm

Wabiloo wrote:Can I just "lie" to that questions about being a student then?
You should never lie to the home office, especially if your goal is citizenship. If they find out it will affect the good character requirement of obtaining citizenship and prevent you from obtaining citizenship for the next ten years as you attempted to deceive the home office.

However, although they ask for all this information so long as you have five years as a QP you will have acquired PR and other periods won't be relevant

kamoe
European Union

Re: Compulsory information needed for Online EEA(PR)

Post by kamoe » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:46 pm

Wabiloo wrote:Hi,
Am I right in thinking that *only* proof of eligibility *from the last 5 years* is required?
More or less. Any 5 continuous years would do, and they don't have to be the last 5. In your case, seems those are the easiest ones, though.
Can I just "lie" to that questions about being a student then?
As suggested above, no. But you can answer truthfully, then only supply documentary evidence of your chosen 5 years.
My posts express what I believe are the facts, based on the best of my knowledge, about the topics discussed in this forum. They do not constitute immigration advice.