ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Changing employer and ILR question

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

wyk126
Newly Registered

Changing employer and ILR question

Post by wyk126 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:06 pm

Hi
I have a question regarding ILR and continuous work.
I know that I need to work for continuous 5 years in order to apply for ILR, which I'm due early next year.
Now I'm changing employer, my last day will be Friday (7th April, 2017) and my new job will be start on 10th April, 2017.

I've checked with my current HR and she said it's a weekend so it will not affect the ILR application, is that correct?
I'm a bit concerned that the weekend of 2 days will be calculated as a gap inbetween employers and will affect my ILR application next year.

Could you help me please?

Thanks
Kevin

Sandyinuk

Re: Changing employer and ILR question

Post by Sandyinuk » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:14 pm

Hi ,

There will not be any impact on ILR for 2 days gap. Mine was 7 days and ILR done on Tuesday.

Regards,

wyk126
Newly Registered

Post by wyk126 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Sandyinuk wrote:Hi ,

There will not be any impact on ILR for 2 days gap. Mine was 7 days and ILR done on Tuesday.

Regards,
Thank you for your reply! That's a relief! So did you take your time off for that 7 days?
Wondering if there is any offical terms of papers on this matter

Sandyinuk

Post by Sandyinuk » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:28 pm

Yes, I took time off before joining new job. I didn't mention any thing about it in the ILR application and no cover letter as well.