ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PR for low income self-employed

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Mark_J
Newly Registered

PR for low income self-employed

Post by Mark_J » Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:40 pm

Hi,

Hope you're all well?

I am an EU national living in the UK. I currently have a website from which I make my income. The following is roughly how much my five-year continues income will look like:

Yr1 - income £10,000 - profits £6,000
Yr2 - Income £8,000 - profits £5,000
Yr3 - Income £6,000 - profits £4,500
Yr4 - Income 13,000 - profits £9,000
Yr5 - Income 15,000 - profits £11,000 (projected)

My questions are:

1. Is the "total income (before expenses)" or "profits" that are used to judge whether someone is genuinely self-employed?
2. I will be paying NI some years, not other years - will this affect my PR application? Is it a good idea to pay Class 2 and Class 4 NI voluntary?
3. What other steps can I take to maximise my chances of my PR application not being rejected (due to not being genuinely self-employed or for low income?) I still have two years left.

Thanks for your time!

Kind regards,
Mark.

Mark_J
Newly Registered

Re: PR for low income self-employed

Post by Mark_J » Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:07 pm

Hi,

Any thoughts on this, please?

Thank you,
Mark.

Youngbeard

Post by Youngbeard » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:23 pm

Mark, everything is politically motivated from now.
Take care

akz

Post by akz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:06 am

please look my record as we got PR on very low self employed income last year but after we fight for it in FTT. you income is more better than us so feel good.
thanks
akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped

akz

Post by akz » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:11 am

from now on please make sure you get a job/self employed work and earn at least the minimum income to be consider employed or self employed. With self employed they are very tough so a proper job from now on will help you alot and less stressful. you can keep both self employed and employed if u can.
akz
Happy to help and Happy to be helped