ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need advice on accomodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gurmitleo
Newly Registered

Need advice on accomodation

Post by gurmitleo » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:06 am

Hi,

I live with my sister and her 2 sons age 3 and 5 years old for past 10 months in 5 bedroom house. According to house inspection report, the house is not overcrowded.

I am responsible for pay rent, utility bills and council tax. The utility bills and council tax is under my name.

Should the council tax be under her name or my name? I have a tenancy agreement with her that I have rented 3 rooms. Do I need to show tenency agreement to ECO. Or a letter from my sister stating that she haas rented 3 rooms and I responsible for paying all bills including council tax.

Thanks for advice in advance

SoHopeful

Re: Need advice on accomodation

Post by SoHopeful » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:11 pm

As long as you both on the council tax bill I don't think it matters who it's addressed to.
You will need the tenancy agreement and a letter from your landlord agreeing to your spouse also moving in.

gurmitleo
Newly Registered

Post by gurmitleo » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:27 am

The landlord is my sister. And the council bill is under my name not both of us.

I have asked few lawyers and they say that my sister can write a letter stating that we allows us to live with her and told us not to show council tax bill unless asked for.

Thanks,

SoHopeful

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:26 am

Ok, so letter from her and evidence of her property ownership or a tenancy agreement.
Not sure why you have been advised not to show the council tax bill, it's not an essential document but many provide it as additional evidence of accommodation.