ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sponsor Accomodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

uk_citizen_help
Newly Registered

Sponsor Accomodation

Post by uk_citizen_help » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:28 pm

Hi Guys
I have my application pretty much sorted except my accommodation as I will be the sponsor for my wife. I meet all the criteria but I'm confused regarding accommodation address.

I have a mortgage with my brother in one part of the country. I've been lodging in another part of the country for a couple of years for work and just took out a 6 month tenancy agreement under my own name. I travel a bit due to my job sometimes stay in hotels but second home makes it convenient.

My brother pays all the bills in our mortgaged home and is happy to do that. I contribute maybe £100 per month as I live elsewhere too.

I'm not sure which address to put down. Is it best to put my main residence down? I have no utility bills under my name.

My salary is 40k per year and I have 10k worth of savings. Really confused about the best approach and don't want to hinder my wife from coming over from Pakistan.
Thank you.

SoHopeful

Re: Sponsor Accomodation

Post by SoHopeful » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:41 am

They may question the distance between the house you share with your brother and your job if you use that address, so stick with where you actually reside if it's ok for your wife to join you there. You just need the agreement and written agreement from your landlord for your wife to join you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:20 pm

The accomodation near your job and you already got tenancy agreement for that preferably be used. Ask the landlord/agency to supply you a letter to allow your wife to live there and if you sharing it with others then need an inspection report otherwise not. And also make sure that tenancy agreement has at least 6 months of expiry.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

uk_citizen_help
Newly Registered

Post by uk_citizen_help » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:45 pm

My landlord/agency are saying they need to do a reference check and right to rent checks but they won't give a letter confirming this until they can satisfy that and I can't progress my application unless the UKVI are satisfied.
I am not sure what to do here.