ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What is sort code & aacount number; asked in the HSMP fo

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gopsln
Newly Registered

What is sort code & aacount number; asked in the HSMP fo

Post by gopsln » Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:03 am

Hi,

If there is anyone of you who has paid the initial HSMP fee of 400 GBP through a demand-draft/cheque payable at UK?

My problem is that when i asked citibank to provide me with the Account Number, Sort Code and Cheque number which are required in the HSMP initial application form, the banker told me that they dont have anything called a "Sort Code" and all they have is a SWIFT Code and Routing Number.

Additionally the banker told me that the account number asked in the application form is my bank account number and is not any specific/generic citibank account number which would be used for the transfer.

It would be a phenominal help if anyone of you can provide with inputs in these lines.

I am just waiting for these info to send my application.

Chrs,
Gopinath
Last edited by gopsln on Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:31 am, edited 2 times in total.

gopsln
Newly Registered

Attention Seniors

Post by gopsln » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:17 am

Seniors, can you respond to this please?

gauravgupta2808

Post by gauravgupta2808 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:45 am

Hi gopsln,

I hope you hold a UK Account and so you are issuing a UK payable cheque.

In UK, all the accounts have A/C Number which consists of SortCode + Account Number

Sort Code is 6 digits & Account Number is normally 8 digits.

So, First 6 digits are your Sortcode & rest your Account number

Cheer!!

olisun
Diamond Member

Post by olisun » Tue Feb 19, 2008 12:04 pm

gauravgupta2808 wrote:I hope you hold a UK Account and so you are issuing a UK payable cheque.
I believe the OP is still in India

gopsln
Newly Registered

Post by gopsln » Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:24 pm

First of all thanks for responding.

I am still in India and I dont have a credit card, that is the reason why i chose to use this demand draft approach from the local citibank.

The citibank ppl in here doesnt seem to know the sort code and account number. They actually told me that the account number is my account number which is very wrong. Because the account number asked in the HSMP form is of 8 digits while my citibank accnt number is of 10 digits.

The sort code is another head ache, the bank people are not able to give me the info on that.

So if any one here has a similar experience or knowledge, it would be of great help.

Chrs,
Gopinath

suresh-hsmp

Post by suresh-hsmp » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:23 pm

Hi,

If I understood correctly, you need not have to fill in the sortcode & Account number.

If you are writing a cheque issued by UK bank, then there is a need to write that information, but in this case you are sending an International DD issued by indian bank (I would say put tick on cheque and Ignore those details).

As I am aware, most people in this forum used a DD issued by ICICI, but I dont see any problem to get the same from CITI.

Bottomline, ask the bank issue a DD for an amount of 400GBP(the currency should be UK pounds)in favour of Home Office Work Permits (UK)

Hope it helps

gopsln
Newly Registered

Post by gopsln » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:23 pm

Thanks for the info.

But are you sure that applications from outside the UK paid by demand draft do no need sort codes and accnt numbers?

Do you know of any person who has got his HSMP despite not providing those details?

Chrs,
Gopinath

satheeshkumar

making payment of 400 Pounds thro UK cheque

Post by satheeshkumar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi
I have sent my application on 15th (looks like the courier reached the destination on 18th) and i've paid only by cheque.

But its UK HSBC cheque which i have, since i was having that account while i was in UK couple of years back...
So that way, it has account number, sort code etc as required.

Still i found that HSBC guys here in india dont have any idea about how you fill that cheque, as its different from the one's they have in india.

I think its easier to make payment by credit / debit card than draft.

Check with your friends, you might be able to use debit card as well, possibly.

gopsln wrote:Thanks for the info.

But are you sure that applications from outside the UK paid by demand draft do no need sort codes and accnt numbers?

Do you know of any person who has got his HSMP despite not providing those details?

Chrs,
Gopinath

gopsln
Newly Registered

got my DD

Post by gopsln » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:24 pm

Folks,

I got my DD for 400 GBP, iam just going to try with this....come wat may

chrs,
gopinath