ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

divorce

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

moe skye
Newly Registered

divorce

Post by moe skye » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:45 pm

HI,
I have problem and I don't know what to do :( .
I am non eu national and married to eu national for a year and half (1 year in uk) and my wife wants a divorce I have a 5 years residency card after 6 months family permit, and we have a baby born in uk 5 months ago. I tried to sort things out with my wife but she just wants divorce . I don't know what to do ??
I don't want to go back to my country so I don't know what options do I have ??
my wife doesn't have PRC but she's exercising her treaty rights for the last 3 years with no benefits so I cant get British C.S for my baby.

can you please help me :(

MrSlyFox

Re: divorce

Post by MrSlyFox » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:54 pm

moe skye wrote: I am non eu national and married to eu national for a year and half (1 year in uk) and my wife wants a divorce
In order to retain your right of residence in the UK you have to have three years of marriage. The EEA National must also be a QP on the date of the divorce.
moe skye wrote:have a baby born in uk 5 months ago.
You might retain your right of residence if you have custody of the child. Or a court orders you to have access rights.

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s ... e-v3_0.pdf
Try page 11

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Does she intend to stay in the UK after divorce.

Are you going to work on a child arrangement order?
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

moe skye
Newly Registered

Post by moe skye » Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:26 pm

Obie wrote:Does she intend to stay in the UK after divorce.

Are you going to work on a child arrangement order?
She intend to stay in the uk as she have a British child from her ex (British). And yes iam going to wirk on child arrangement but I don't what to do first?

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:16 pm

That can be part of the divorce proceedings endorsed by the court in the form of a consent order, or come to an informal arrangement signed by a solicitor.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors