ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Letter from HO - invalid application - Set F forms

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

HJPatel-1950
Newly Registered

Post by HJPatel-1950 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:55 am

Dear Senior members and respected gurus

I applied for my children's ILR using SET F forms and I have received a letter dated 28/03/2017 yesterday as mentioned below:

"Incorrect or no fee paid

You have not made any payment and/or have not completed the payment page of the application form. Please now follow the guidance notes on the application form and send a completed payment page or a cheque for the fee. You must complete all sections of the payment page.

On this occasion, you have not specified a fee to be taken.

For your application to be considered valid you must complete the requested actions and reply within 10 business days, using the enclosed return envelope . If you fail to complete these actions within the required time scale your application will be considered invalid and rejected as such".

I have filled in the application forms including payment details page and listed all the credit card information. I think , I did not put a tick on £1,875 in section 5 of payment page and as a result the application was considered as invalid. Please correct me if I am wrong or if I need to fill in any other additional information on payment page this time.

The Tier 1 G dependent visas for both of my children have expired on 13/03/2017 and if there are any more hiccups in credit card payment processing by NatWest Bank, the application would be rejected and returned as invalid. Considering the above, I was thinking of making a payment through postal orders this time to avoid any more miseries.

Am I allowed to change the method of payment and make a payment through postal order payable to "Home Office Leave to Remain" or as listed in above quote from HO letter " send a completed payment page (which is enclosed with the letter and has got a reference number written on it) or a cheque for the fees", I am not allowed to change to payment method and should only refill the credit card details on payment page including the tick on £1,875 and resend it. Kindly advise.

HO has enclosed an envelope to resend the information. Am I OK to send it through recorded delivery considering that the address on the envelope is a PO Box address. Kindly advise.

Many thanks.

Kind Regards,
H J Patel

HJPatel-1950
Newly Registered

Post by HJPatel-1950 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:08 pm

Respected Gurus and Senior Members,

I would be really grateful if you could shed some light on my queries.

Many thanks.

Kind regards,
H J Patel.

Zing
Newly Registered

Re: Letter from HO - invalid application - Set F forms

Post by Zing » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:08 am

Hi Patel

I wil tell you my own experience and l believe you will figure out which way to go. I received such letter as yours. In my situation , l paid some of the fees from a cheque from my own account and the remaining with a credit card. The Home office accepted the cheque and sent a request for the remaining amount quoting lnvalid payment.I went to the post office to get a postal order but they said they are no longer allowed to give such high amount.

Because l wanted to involve third party though l have an option of writing another cheque from my account. I used my bank BANK DRAFT which l was charged for. Another thing l did was to fill the form based on current situation, put in the received envelope and then sent through SPECIAL DELIVERY to that address in the envelope. If you are attaching postal order or bankers draft, l believe special delivery will be best.

Thanks

HJPatel-1950
Newly Registered

Re: Letter from HO - invalid application - Set F forms

Post by HJPatel-1950 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:00 am

Hi,

Many thanks for the reply. I am thinking of using Bankers Draft given that postal orders charges are quite high. I think if I am using bankers draft it has to be payable to "Home Office" and If it is postal order I has to be payable to "Home Office Leave to Remain" and crossed. Kindly correct me if I am wrong.

I will fill in payment sheet - page 7 of form set F based on current information. I will use either postal order or Banker's Draft.

If I am making payment through Bankers Draft. Do I have to fill in the section 7 of the payment details sheet including cheque number, account number and sort code mentioned on banker's draft or shall I leave this section blank. Kindly advise.

Secondly, Do I need to write full name, DOB and nationality, at the back of banker's overdraft. Kindly advise.

Many thanks.

Best regards,
H J Patel