ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA2 Sponsor's employment details question

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

cb1964

EEA2 Sponsor's employment details question

Post by cb1964 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:39 pm

The situation is I work as an IT contractor and have a limited company and pay myself as an employee (including payslips with a reasonable wage).

In the EEA2 form there are two sections relating to my employment Sections 4 and 5.
Do I fill in section 4 as an employee
or
Do I fill in section 5 as self-employed
(my only issue with section 5 is, that my husband arrived in October, I finished my last contract about a week after he arrived and only started looking for another contract last week (as we wanted to spend time together). This has obviously depleted our resources as I have continued paying myself a monthly salary and Section 5 requires bank statement and there's not that much left in the pot at the moment)

Oh in case you're wondering I'm from N. Ireland and hold an Irish passport (exercised my EEA treaty rights re hubby's visa application) which is why he is filing an EEA2 form)

Thanks

cb1964

Post by cb1964 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:14 pm

Hi, Is there anyone out there who could give me some advice regarding my question.

Thanks

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:31 pm

If you are the only director of the limited company I'd probably say you were self employed. But it really doesn't matter.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

cb1964

Post by cb1964 » Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:06 pm

Thanks Victoria you're a star. :D