ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel while waiting for an outcome

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

notrouble

Travel while waiting for an outcome

Post by notrouble » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:58 pm

If one applies for a U.K. Residency card (based on one's marriying an EU-national resident in the U.K.), can the non-EU national freely travel in and out of the UK while waiting for their UK card?

The non-EU person in question has two national passports issued by their home country.

Is there a temporary stamp/sticker (similar in function to a REE try visa?) they would get into their passport while waiting for a five year card?

too old
Pakistan

Re: Travel while waiting for an outcome

Post by too old » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 am

I think you could i am not entirely sure and dont quote me on this. I read something the other day about it. Wait what the Gurus are going to say.

notrouble

Post by notrouble » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:53 pm

Any other opinions?

MrSlyFox

Post by MrSlyFox » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:54 pm

You can travel while awaiting the outcome of you residence card application, you can apply for an EEA family permit, however you may only apply from outside of the UK.

- https://www.gov.uk/family-permit

You can also apply for entry at a port as a family member of a EEA national, however, depending upon if you are a visa required national to the UK you may be unable to board a flight to the UK without an EEA family permit or other proof of entry.

An EEA family permit allows unlimited entry during its six-month validity