ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Financial Requirements (1st renewal)

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

LME1966
Newly Registered

Financial Requirements (1st renewal)

Post by LME1966 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:23 am

Greetings to all,

A quick introduction, followed by an explanation of current situation, then my questions.

ME: UK born and bred, former UK Military, 50 years old, non-working due to disability.
I was receiving D.L.A. (High Rate) until transferred to the new P.I.P. system.
I was also receiving E.S.A. with the addition of living in Council Property.

With this income for me, my Ukrainian born Wife was exempt from meeting the 'Financial Requirements' section during her initial F.O.A.S.P. Visa.

In October of 2016, my Wife and her Son, entered the UK and moved into my place.

Since then, B.R.P. for both has been collected. My Wife applied for and received a Driving Licence (only provisional as she can't drive, but still very useful). BRP states, 'No Public Funds' which was never going to be an issue, and also states 'Work Permitted'.

So far, so good!

We have been trying to get a N.I. Number which still has not appeared, but that is a minor issue.

At the end of October I was transferred from ESA onto the dreaded Universal Credit...

The current payment of UC is not correct. Never was. I knew the law regarding Child Benefit and Child Tax Credit. There is NO information available to specify if my Stepson IS or IS NOT entitled to the Child Element of UC.

Q. unless anyone knows any different?

Additionally my DLA to PIP was messed up when the Medical Report sent to DWP was about another person (obviously) and I now have to wait for the court appeal for it to be corrected (this IS relevant). So my Disability income went from amount 'A' to be significantly lower to amount 'B'...

The combination of both of my sources of income drastically reducing has left me with just enough to manage for the family. Only just...

Q. What are the chances of this being a problem for first renewal?

As it is I am currently waiting for the DLA/PIP case to repay what I am owed, I am fighting to get some degree of clarification from DWP regarding UC. I can't even afford the fee for a visa renewal at this point!

sorry for detailed post, thanks for reading, Lewis.