ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

petition for quick decisions

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Malikwaheed

petition for quick decisions

Post by Malikwaheed » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:26 am

I think we all investors should sign a petition to home office for deciding our application quick as we have to wait for 6 month to get answer. We all are investor and paying tax and creating jobs at least home office should give us bit respect rather then dragging us years with out travel documents.

sm12
Diamond Member

Re: petition for quick decisions

Post by sm12 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:15 am

Yes, it's very stressful to wait for months but I don't think a petition will have any effect unfortunately.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:35 am

I don't follow other visa routes, my assumption was always this is HO way of clamping down on the rampant fraud and abuse in this route. Of course typical government that achieves the opposite, serious international entrepreneurs stay away (doubly more post Brexit...) and the corner shoppers are quite happy getting a day closer to their LR route.

Malik, your case is AR on a very successful businesses. Why didnt you go for 10 person route rather the £5M route?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:15 pm

Petitions will only be effective if many individuals are involved. Tier 1 visas are issued to only a handful of people each year.
The HO data (for the year ending December 2016) shows that the number of visas issued to people across ALL Tier 1 High Skilled routes has been only 4540, showing a 16% decrease from the previous year :!: If you check the data, majority of work visas issued are Tier 2 visas
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:11 pm

zimba88 wrote:Petitions will only be effective if many individuals are involved. Tier 1 visas are issued to only a handful of people each year.
The HO data (for the year ending December 2016) shows that the number of visas issued to people across ALL Tier 1 High Skilled routes has been only 4540, showing a 16% decrease from the previous year :!: If you check the data, majority of work visas issued are Tier 2 visas
Very interesting data, what other T1 visas are there these days besides T1E? I am aware of investor and exceptional talent, and I believe both to be small numbers

sm12
Diamond Member

Post by sm12 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Other than the main entrepreneur route, there's the graduate entrepreneur route.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:28 pm

seasky wrote: Very interesting data, what other T1 visas are there these days besides T1E? I am aware of investor and exceptional talent, and I believe both to be small numbers
Tier 1 Investor
Tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur
Tier 1 Exceptional Talent (up to 1000 visas per year only, granted 306 last year only)
Tier 1 General (now closed)

It get even more interesting if you look at the 2014 and 2015 data. The number of Tier 1 visas issued have been declining rapidly (mainly because Tier 1 General was fully closed in 2015)
In 2014 there were 9,854 visas issued, in 2015 that dropped to 5,40 and then last year it dropped to 4540.
You can confidently say few thousand Tier 1E visas were issued last year. That is quite a small portion of the immigration pot. Over 63,000 Tier 2 visas were issued last year alone :shock:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

Malikwaheed

Post by Malikwaheed » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:50 am

Zimba88 can any body make fresh application after JR refusal ??? For example am in AR now if worse case they refuse I have option of JR in case JR also refuse can I send extension application ???

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:36 pm

Malikwaheed wrote:Zimba88 can any body make fresh application after JR refusal ??? For example am in AR now if worse case they refuse I have option of JR in case JR also refuse can I send extension application ???
Your query here has nothing to do with your original post. :!:

Rox123
Newly Registered

Post by Rox123 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 6:33 pm

If the petition is created, peiple from other Visa categories too will joun in signing the petition.

People who sign the petition dont have to be in the same category and people who are settled or british who feel what HO is doing is wrong can also join in signing the petition.

What they are doing is just wrong. Petition is a voice, it can be heard.

seasky
BANNED
United Kingdom

Post by seasky » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:21 pm

The problem withT1e is not only slow decisions it is nitpicking on unimportant minutia e.g. E.g fps in a specific format or did u remember to put your name across a DL on accounts.

Would prefer a petition that made t1e less abused e.g. Higher than min wage, or separate small biz visa from tech startup visa.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:36 pm

I suggest to write to your local MPs on this topic, would be better option than a petition.
Given the huge increase in fees from 6th April, it is unfair that we have to pay and wait months for a decision.