ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Turkish E-visa on Pakistani Ordinary Passport

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Anakh
Newly Registered

Turkish E-visa on Pakistani Ordinary Passport

Post by Anakh » Tue Mar 28, 2017 5:52 pm

Hi

Quick question.

We are travelling to Turkey with my 2 kids we are British BUT my father has come to visit us in UK on a 10 years multiple entry visit visa which valid for another ther 7 years. He holds Ordinary Pakistani passport.

Question : Is UK visit visa on Pakistani passport accepted for evisa application?

I have checked with turkish embassy in London and Edinburgh and they have given me a completely different advise.

London consulate stated " we are not sure but we think since your father has visit visa and not residence permit he may need to apply for Turkish visa which may take two months "

Edinburgh guys said "Yes UK Visit visa is acceptable for evisa but we are not fully sure so speak to evisa ministry of foreign affair"

Then I called evisa helpline they said "we are not sure"

So sent an email to evisa " same copy paste text from their site"

Could someone please clarify if UK VISit visa accepted?

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Re: Turkish E-visa on Pakistani Ordinary Passport

Post by gokulatti » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:30 am

In the turkey evisa application, It clearly mentions in the checklist as follows "I have a valid Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland). E-visas are not accepted as supporting documents."

Your father is not a residence in the UK but a visitor, So has to apply for a normal visa to turkey.

Anakh
Newly Registered

Post by Anakh » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:04 am

Thanks.

But "Valid visa or valid residence permit" so valid visa means Turkish Visa and NOT the visa from UK?

Interestingly on the evisa application form it has both options as a supporting document VISA and Residence permit so its not very clear.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Wed Mar 29, 2017 11:32 am

yes you are right it is very confusing. however it looks like visa OR residence permit is accepted.
here https://www.evisa.gov.tr/en/info/

and most importantly

" What are the criteria for the validity of my supporting document (visa or residence permit from Schengen or from US, UK and Ireland)?

The only requirement for your visa/residence permit to be used as a supporting document is that it should be still valid (by date) by the time you enter Turkey. Previously used or unused single-entry visas are accepted as long as their validity date covers your entry date to Turkey. Please note that e-Visas of other countries are not accepted as a supporting document. "

Anakh
Newly Registered

Post by Anakh » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:23 am

Thanks Gokulatti.

I had the similar email response below:
Pakistani passport holders must have a valid Supporting Document (Valid visa OR valid residence permit from one of the Schengen Countries, USA, UK or Ireland) in order to apply for an e-Visa. The only requirement for him to use his visa/residence permit as a supporting document is that it should be still valid by the date he enters Turkey. Previously used single entry visas are also accepted as long as their validity period covers your entry date to Turkey. Please note that e-Visas are not accepted as supporting document.
So what do you think Gokulatti shall I just buy the evisa based on this assumption that UK visit visa will be accepted?

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:32 pm

Hi, you it should not be a problem. you fulfill all the requirement. in any case take a copy of the relevant paragraph on the evisa website on you. It won't be an assumption, it clearly states valid visa from uk is a supporting document.

Anakh
Newly Registered

Post by Anakh » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:07 pm

Thanks for your help.

One last thing. See we are going to apply for evisa online but he is travelling to Turkey from UK I think this is not an issue?

Also he is coming back to UK and then flying back to Pakistan after two week. Do you see any issues here? I mean UK border wont have any problem with this and neither Turkey
?

His UK visit visa would still be valid.

gokulatti
Member of Standing
Norway

Post by gokulatti » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi, it should not be any problem where he is travelling from. you worry too much, as long as you have all the documents that they ask for, I see no issues. The point to note is that your father has a long term visa to UK, and it would be valid upon going to turkey and also while coming back to UK. As I said keep prints of relevant points from their evisa website. good luck

malik0543

Post by malik0543 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:12 am

HI
just wondering did you get evisa for your father?