ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Self Employed PR refused as low income earned

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

LJM17
Newly Registered

Self Employed PR refused as low income earned

Post by LJM17 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:46 am

I applied for PR in June 2016 as European working as self-employed/employed. Got a refusal letter in Nov 2016.

My situation is as follow:

2011-2012 Self employed - earned 4.636 year gross income
2012-2013 Self employed - earned 4,989 year gross income
2013-2014 Self employed - earned 5.408 year gross income
2014-2015 Self employed earned 2.392 and employed from Sep15
2015-2016 Employed full time from Sep15 til present

The Home Office refused the PR as the claimed employment was deemed as marginal and auxiliary or supplementary.

I was working 20 hours a week and receiving Working Tax Credit, Child tax Credit and Child Benefit. My son`s dad moved back to his home country after we got divorced and as a single mother, with no family around, being self employed gave me the time flexibility that a full time work wouldn't.

Home office entitled me to appeal against its decision but I didn`t think I could win and never appealed.

I have since applied for RC as I am current full time employed and I am still waiting for the decision.

I then found a topic on this forum this weekend, where a person's PR had also been refused on the same grounds as mine and was advice by AKZ to challenge the decision. I then started to read AKZ journey and that gave me hope that I can also be entitled to a PR.

As I can no longer appeal the decision, do you guys think, based on the situation described above, that it would be worth to make a fresh PR application and if it comes back as refused, start the appeal process?

If so, do I wait for my RC first (applied beginning Feb) and then apply for PR, or apply for PR right now?

Any thoughts will be really appreciated.

LJM17
Newly Registered

Re: Self Employed PR refused as low income earned

Post by LJM17 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:40 pm

I just received my Residence Card and will be applying for PR online.

Can I address on my application why do I think that my self employment was genuine and effective? Would those be a strong point:

Primary carer of a child under 18, making it difficult to work full time hours.
Worked regularly every week during the period I am applying to. Although the income earned fails the MET, was in receipt of welfare benefit.
Once my child became old enough and went to secondary school, I started full time employment (Sep 2015).

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:31 pm

The Self Employment is very low, but you could have appealed and provide evidence that it is genuine and effective.
You will need to demonstrate that now.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

LJM17
Newly Registered

Post by LJM17 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:20 pm

Thank you for replying, Obie.

Previously I sent the following documents to support my application:
Copy of tax calculation SA302, invoices, bank statement. I did not send accountant letter as I never had one.

How can I demonstrate that work was genuine and effective and have a better chance for the application to be accepted, please?

Wise
BANNED
Germany

Post by Wise » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:30 pm

No other way round it apart from submitting very strong documentation.
It is really good to help and everyone deserve to be respected in life. Good luck.

LJM17
Newly Registered

Post by LJM17 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:32 pm

As well as the documents I mentioned above, I have also letters from my clients. I had one main client for 4 years and worked for him every week.

As I don't think there is any other documentation I could be sending apart from the ones I already submitted, maybe my best bet would be sending it all again and wait for the refusal, so I can make the appeal.

If anyone has any suggestion on any other documents that I could send to support my application, would love to hear, any help is much appreciated.