ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 General to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JoeLawerence2
India

Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:09 pm

Hi guys,

I am a new poster here and would really appreciate your input into my case.

I am in Tier 2 General visa from May 2011 and will complete 5 years in another 4 months (May 2016). I had an employment gap in between of around 5 months (between Sep 2012 and Feb 2013) during which period I was in the UK on valid Tier 2 General visa. I know that there is a rule that employment gaps of more than 60 days will mean a break in continuous period of the 5 years.

During this period I did not receive any curtailment letter and was granted my Tier 2 General visa in Feb 2013 with my current company.

My questions are:
1) How will UKBA know about this break in employment – is it through the P60 forms of last 5 years or letter of absence or any other means?
2) In these 5 years I would have been absent from UK for may be 100 days or less, also I was in the UK all the time during the 5 months employment break. Is the P60 or absence letter mandatory in my case to submit?

Many thanks in advance.

jimtoole
BANNED

Re: Tier 2 General to ILR

Post by jimtoole » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:17 pm

You should find employment/New sponsor with in 28 days of your redundancy or leave the country. The HO rarely sends curtailment letters but your visa is curtailed after 28 days.
JoeLawerence2 wrote:Hi guys,

I am in Tier 2 General visa from May 2011 and will complete 5 years in another 4 months (May 2016). I had an employment gap in between of around 5 months (between Sep 2012 and Feb 2013) during which period I was in the UK on valid Tier 2 General visa. I know that there is a rule that employment gaps of more than 60 days will mean a break in continuous period of the 5 years.

During this period I did not receive any curtailment letter and was granted my Tier 2 General visa in Feb 2013 with my current company.

My questions are:
1) How will UKBA know about this break in employment – is it through the P60 forms of last 5 years or letter of absence or any other means?
2) In these 5 years I would have been absent from UK for may be 100 days or less, also I was in the UK all the time during the 5 months employment break. Is the P60 or absence letter mandatory in my case to submit?

Many thanks in advance.
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:39 pm

jimtoole wrote:You should find employment/New sponsor with in 28 days of your redundancy or leave the country. The HO rarely sends curtailment letters but your visa is curtailed after 28 days.

My questions are:

Many thanks in advance.
Thanks Jimtoole.

My leave was not curtailed, I know that because I did not have any issues in getting my Tier 2 general visa after that 5 months gap so I don’t think that is an issue now.

The question I have now is about how UKBA comes to know about break in employment if you have not left the UK and were on valid visa during that time.

Also is submission of P60 and leave of absence compulsory (when total leave days during the 5 years is less than 100 days)

jimtoole
BANNED

Post by jimtoole » Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:49 pm

I know mate that you got extension and there was no question asked but now at the time of ILR they will check the full 5 year history thoroughly. They will find it out by checking your work history in last 5 years that you had a gap of longer than 28 days in employment. Sorry I couldnt say what you want to hear but your visa is deemed to be curtailed during that time of redundancy as you didnt get a new sponsor with in 28 days and applied again. All the best bro wish you luck.
JoeLawerence2 wrote:
jimtoole wrote:You should find employment/New sponsor with in 28 days of your redundancy or leave the country. The HO rarely sends curtailment letters but your visa is curtailed after 28 days.

My questions are:

Many thanks in advance.
Thanks Jimtoole.

My leave was not curtailed, I know that because I did not have any issues in getting my Tier 2 general visa after that 5 months gap so I don’t think that is an issue now.

The question I have now is about how UKBA comes to know about break in employment if you have not left the UK and were on valid visa during that time.

Also is submission of P60 and leave of absence compulsory (when total leave days during the 5 years is less than 100 days)
Its hard to beat a person that never gives up.

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:20 pm

Thanks Jimtootle.

Is there any advice from others? Any others in similar situation like mine?

mdtaifurrahman
Newly Registered

Post by mdtaifurrahman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:57 am

Hello, are you aware of the new change in Tire 2 to IlR 5 years route? will your employer give you a letter that they will continue to need you in the foreseeable future? this is very important which I myself am worried about.

surgeonkhan
Newly Registered

Post by surgeonkhan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:27 pm

i have similiar situation as you..but i went to my home country for 4 months due to fathers illness.i had no job in uk.i was employed by the same employer again and came back on the same visa.no issues on airport regarding curtailment.and my employer also did not inform home offce about me leaving the job.i can provide certificates and death certificates of my fathers illness but still i did not have an actual job at that time in uk.will be applying in june .lets see.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:18 pm

mdtaifurrahman wrote:Hello, are you aware of the new change in Tire 2 to IlR 5 years route? will your employer give you a letter that they will continue to need you in the foreseeable future? this is very important which I myself am worried about.
As mentioned in your other post, this is not a new requirement.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

mdtaifurrahman
Newly Registered

Post by mdtaifurrahman » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:27 pm

well, then how the CW will determine the foreseeable future? If I get an extension of job for 1 year by the same employer who I had been working for past 5 years under tire 2, and the employer writes in the letter that they would need me for another 1 year, would that 1 year constitute a "foreseeable" future or the CW will define the foreseeable future it to be open-ended permanent...

noajthan

Post by noajthan » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:31 pm

JoeLawerence2 wrote:
My questions are:

Many thanks in advance.
1) HO will, as a matter of course, be crosschecking & verifying applicants with their partner agencies; eg HMRC, UKBF & etc.

Tier 2 sponsors also have reporting responsibilities to HO.
All that is gold does not glitter; Not all those who wander are lost. E&OE.

JoeLawerence2
India

Tier 2 to ILR - Employment gap of more than 60 days

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:58 pm

Hi guys, I wanted to check if you know anybody whose ILR was refused because of more than 60 days gap between employment while in Tier 2 General visa. Also, are there any cases of ILR success with such a gap?

I have tried to search for both type of cases but to no avail. It would be great if you can help me out, as I am in a similar scenario.

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:50 am

Any reply to my above query pls? Thanks.

JoeLawerence2
India

Post by JoeLawerence2 » Mon Mar 14, 2016 2:31 pm

Hi guys, I wanted to check if you know anybody whose ILR was refused because of more than 60 days gap between employment while in Tier 2 General visa. Also, are there any cases of ILR success with such a gap?

iRulzz
Newly Registered

Post by iRulzz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:57 am

Hi JoeLawerence,

Did you get your ILR? I have exactky the same issue like you. Could you please let us know how to overcome this?

THanks

iRulzz
Newly Registered

Post by iRulzz » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:57 am

Hi JoeLawerence,

I just read in the another post that you have got the ILR. Well done.

Could you please let me know few things

1. Documents you provided to get the ILR. P60 or P45 or Letter From Previous Employer. As you told there was 5 months gap in-between the employments same like me, how did it went through. Is it Luck Factor or Home office considers the Legal stay for 5 years.

I was completely legal and No break of Visa in Tier 2 general, it's just the Gap between the employments as it took time for the new employer to do complete the Process. But i had my visa sponsored at that time(for 5 Months) when I had a Gap.

Thanks in Advance.