ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa from Pakistan with 2 Children born abroad BC

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

minsurfnet
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa from Pakistan with 2 Children born abroad BC

Post by minsurfnet » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:19 pm

I’m going to apply spouse visa from Pakistan very soon. I married in mid 2012 as holder of an ILR, I become a naturalize citizen in March-2013. First child was born on May-2014 and second was in Nov-2015. I know both are British citizen. I’ve two options for kids either to apply British Passport or COE ROA. I’m going to pick up a quickest route for kids.

My question is relating to VAF4A – Appendix 2 ; which may have been asked on this forum but I couldn’t find it.

3.2 What is the financial requirement you are required to meet? Put a cross (x) in the relevant box
Applying with no child dependents under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £18,600 a year
Applying with one child dependent under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £22,400 a year
Applying with two child dependents under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £24,800 a year
Applying with three child dependents under 18 >>>>>>>>>>>>>> - an income before tax of at least £27,200 a year

Q1. What financial requirement I need to meet here? No child dependent or two Child dependents?
Q2. Are my children’s also dependants even they’re British Citizen by birth ?
Which option should I cross here?

I appreciate your help in Advance.

Thanks & kind regards,
Syed.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Re: Spouse Visa from Pakistan with 2 Children born abroad BC

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:25 pm

If they are British, you need to apply for British Passport for them in Pakistan, then do VAF4A. You only need to show £18,600 because as they are British they will not then need a visa to come here just either British Passport or ROA sticker. Make sure they get are fully British first.

You just need to add their names on the dependent section of VAF4A, when they see the citizenship / passport number of the 2 children the Entry clearance officer will already exempt them from Financial requirements since they will be clearly British.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

minsurfnet
United Kingdom

Post by minsurfnet » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:31 pm

The British passport is taking at least 6 months, however there are some CoE R0A successful cases within one week and most cases with in 4-6 weeks leads time.

Are you suggesting if I chose CoE ROA then I've to show them as dependent? only BC and passport holder will be exempt from dependency.

I want to chose CoE RoA the rease is to apply spouse visa asap so can't wait for 6 months.

I appreciate if someone else who has info can add comments.

thanks.

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:28 am

No. If they are British then they are British, which means they are exempt. To get ROA it will probably take similar amount of time around 6 months, check the .GOV website it will say there.

If I was you I would apply to get their British passport first because ROA may take similar time, also it will mean when they are here you dont need to apply for British Passport, also ROA costs more than British Passport.

It is up to you, either choice is good, just MAKE SURE they actually meet the criteria to be British by Descent.

Either way even with ROA they BRITISH. You need to show their name and details where it says will any dependent will be travelling with you.

Dont take my word for it, get proper advise. This is from my personal experience and may not be good choice for you. Get a solicitor if you need, dont be cheap with these things and then make life harder for few £'s.

May Allah make it easy for you, Ameen.

minsurfnet
United Kingdom

Post by minsurfnet » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:19 am

Thank You Londoner7,

Like wise and may Allah transform all your worries into happiness.

This forum is the best. Peoples here advice without having any personal gain. I likethem all.

I agree that if I'll wait for British passport then I don't have to do it here again.

This forum provide much better advice than any solicitors (unfortunately, my personal experience with solicitors are bad and miss information).

Thanks

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:13 pm

Just to make it clear: you fill in the VAF4A + Appendix 2 form for your wife so that she can get entry clearance to come to UK. You DO NOT need to fill these form for kids separately. Once they have British Passport that itself is the Entry Clarence.

If you decide to go ROA route, you will need to get each of them Pakistani passport then go to British Counselor / High Commission to get ROA certificate put into both kids passports. Then you will separately do one VAF4A + Appendix 2 form for your wife.

Your third option would have been to do 3 x VAF4A form, and 3 x Appendix 2 forms but this would have meant you would needed to show an income before tax of at least £24,800 a year. Your first two options are best because it will be cheaper, but you will need to wait to get kids passports first before you start wife application.

All the best.