ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Confusion regarding date of application

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lyf.rocks
Newly Registered

Confusion regarding date of application

Post by lyf.rocks » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi,

My Tier 1 PBS Dependant visa is due to expire on 8th April 2017. I intend to apply online for FLR M on 6th April 2017. Now my question is:

1. If I apply online on 6th April, I understand I get 14 days to post my documents. But since my visa expires on 8th April, would I be considered an overstayer if I send my documents after 8th April.

Please everyone kindly provide your valuable knowledge about this asap.

Many Thanks!

AES90
- thin ice -

Re: Confusion regarding date of application

Post by AES90 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:20 pm

I believe as long as your online application is submitted before the end of your visa it should be fine although you should aim to get your documents in as soon as possible. Can't you submit online application earlier?

lyf.rocks
Newly Registered

Post by lyf.rocks » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Thanks for your reply. Well, I'm awaiting some documents from my home country which I haven't received yet through post. Hence, I'm in a dilemma as to what is considered as the date of application? The date I apply online or the date I send documents through post or the date they receive my documents through post?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:45 pm

Rule 34G(iv) wrote: 34G. For the purposes of these rules, the date on which an application (or a variation of application in accordance with paragraph 34E) is made is:
(iv) where the application is made via the online application process, the date on which the online application is submitted whether or not a subsequent appointment is made at a Home Office premium service centre.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

lyf.rocks
Newly Registered

Post by lyf.rocks » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:00 pm

Thanks for your reply. So according to the quote which you have referred, I reckon that if I'm applying online on 6th April, then this date would be considered the date of application, irrespective of the fact that I will be posting the documents the following week. So basically if 6th April is the date of application and my visa expires on 8th April, I won't be considered an overstayer?

Many Thanks!!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:41 pm

I won't be considered an overstayer?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.