ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Sheffield address issue

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

magicman316

Sheffield address issue

Post by magicman316 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:39 am

My brother recently posted his supporting documents to Sheffield for his wife who is applying for a spouse visa from Pakistan.

When we posted it the post office told us that as its large or heavy it has to go via Parcelforce instead of Royal Mail. We said no problem and paid.

A few days later I checked the tracking online and it said 'undeliverable' - when I called them they said they do not send to PO Box addresses and to give the actual address.

So I gave:
International Operations and Visas
6 Millsands Vulcan House
Sheffield
S3 8NH

And the tracking shows it was delivered on 6th March and signed for.

I have tried the email form update request from UKVI and got response saying that there is no update, and that either you submitted recently or the GWF is incorrect.

My query is: Is this address correct, should I just wait to hear from Gerrys? We also got No email acknowledgement or anything at all.

Thanks in advance.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

AES90
- thin ice -

Re: Sheffield address issue

Post by AES90 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:41 pm

Hi,

You should have been able to post PO Box by Royal mail - not sure why they told you this. But in any case, I think the correct address is;

The Portergate – Level 1 (Home Office - UKVI)
257 Ecclesall Road
Sheffield
S11 8NX
United Kingdom

It looks like you submitted to another Home Office building - they will surely transfer your application to the correct department but I feel like it may take a few days. Don't worry - it will get there! You can also try and call the building - 0843 504 3785

Also a question for me - did you submit just a copy of the online application or did you go physical personal details form too?

Hope this is helpful.

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:05 pm

I printed off the online application form and sent that along with the other supprting documents.

The reason I couldn't use Royal Mail is because they said the package was too big/heavy and had to be sent Parcelforce.

Looks like I sent it to the wrong address! Oops. Do you think I'll still be ok? Haven't heard anything... wouldn't they refuse it after 2 weeks if they dont receive the documents? Its been almost a month now.
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

Kashif_Hussain
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Kashif_Hussain » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:10 pm

It will get there (hopefully) but will cause delays !

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:48 am

Has anyone else had this issue or sent it to that address too?

Is there a contact number I can call UKVI on in the UK that they actualy answer? Thanks.
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:39 pm

DOnt worry! It's a govt building and they get delayed mail all the time.

I would advise you to call the number of the building you sent it to and explain. They will be the only ones that can forward the application. Further - you can also call UKVI on 0300 123 2241

But remember to tell them that you sent it to another Home Office building instead. At least they will know it's not at a random address

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:44 am

Ive tried speaking with UKVI but no one can help. They all just say try contact the building you sent it to but no one can give me a contaxt number for Valcun House 6 Mill Sands.

Did this used to be the address to send it to as ive seen some threads on here saying this is the address.

I tried the GWF update again and got same response that theres no update or its an invalid gwf... its got me thinking its not been opened yet? And a few months ago we applied and got an acknowledfement email straight away.

Not sure what to do now
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:17 am

Am I right in thinking that as its been over a month now that they have received the supporting documents?

As I understand that you only have a two week window in which to get the documents to them otherwise your application is refused. As its been longer and we have not heard anything in terms of a refusal... that its going ahead ok?
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

AES90
- thin ice -

Post by AES90 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi,

I'm afraid if it has been over two weeks then they might do. However, there is another way and happy if anyone disagrees with me on this;

1) You can physically go to the building if you can't get the number and can't track it down.
2) You can request a refund on the application and submit again. Really unfortunate but please don't be upset.

Also - I wanted to ask; when you did status check from the online form - how long did it take for them to get back to you? It says 1 working day but is it really?

Thanks

magicman316

Post by magicman316 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 8:42 pm

As its now well over 2 weeks and i've not heard anything I'm assuming that they have my application, but I have no way to confirm this unfortunately.

The response, they say 1 business day, but I've found its received within 2 days usually... which is still OK.

I found that address on here so surely others have been sending to it to, I think its still the address used to send documents to if you're applying from USA so maybe they will forward it to the right Building for me. I hope so, at least.

The problem with withdrawing is, I cannot do that until I've got my papers back as they have all original documents like marriage certificate etc inside.

I could go to the building, but it means going to Sheffield.

Has anyone been and done this in similar situations?
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!

sheela1978
Newly Registered

Post by sheela1978 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:54 pm

@magicman what happened? I'm right in the middle of the same issue. I gave my husband's documents to someone to post and she came back and said they'd gone parcel force as they were too heavy - I wondered why they got stuck on the online tracking and PF have just told me its because its a PO box number. I now have no idea what address to give them - they said I could ring on Monday and get it readdressed correctly. I was going to give Vulcan House until I saw this thread!! Any advice now??

sheela1978
Newly Registered

Post by sheela1978 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:51 am

Update: after spending a lot of money explaining all this to an agent on the expensive contact number, who insisted the PO box is the ONLY address, and making me a CASE file, I contacted Parcel Force. The lady there said although it showed out for delivery, it will come back in tonight and she will send on to Vulcan House if I wish, with the GWF number added on the front, and a note that it is a settlement visa application. HOWEVER the parcel is now showing delivered (before speaking to PF again and obviously the parcel didn't come back in to the depot) and signed for by an R Gxxxxx....so i will just have to wait and see...

nmb
Newly Registered

Post by nmb » Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:03 am

Hi

Im so sorry I have no advise to give but I did have a question...

I have seen this on a few peoples posts where their partner is not in the UK and they are applying for a spouse visa and documents are sent by the sponsor to sheffield??

How does this work exactly?? i may have misunderstood.. So the applicant has an appointment in their home country is that for biometrics etc?? and then the applicants sponsor sends all the supporting documents to sheffield??

I assumed they only way to apply is for the applicant to have all the documents themselves and they have to give it to the consulate/embassy in their home country. Is there a benefit to sending documents to sheffield? How do you go about it?

Thank you!

sheela1978
Newly Registered

Post by sheela1978 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:42 am

Hi nmb, it absolutely depends on which country your spouse is applying from. It appears that slowly many countries are changing over to this system. My online exploration suggests that for Pakistan it has been like this for some time, India is in change over, Bangladesh, where my husband is applying from is also in change over and the information is very unclear. For example, we followed the advice on the vfs Dhaka site which showed the sponsor should send the documents to Sheffield, but when my husband went to his biometric appointment in Dhaka he was asked where his documents were and told that system didn't start in Dhaka until May. However because that was not stated ANYWHERE on the website, they phoned through to various offices including Delhi and we were given permission to lodge them in the UK - which has been a whole extra complexity due to the size of the document pack, which is what this thread is actually about. You need to check carefully for which ever visa handling agent is running in your spouse's country, and then double check, because we were also told that the fees we paid in Dhaka included them scanning the documents there - which of course they didn't end up doing - but tough we won't get it back......

dawn1
Newly Registered

Post by dawn1 » Mon May 15, 2017 6:46 pm

magicman316 wrote:As its now well over 2 weeks and i've not heard anything I'm assuming that they have my application, but I have no way to confirm this unfortunately.

The response, they say 1 business day, but I've found its received within 2 days usually... which is still OK.

I found that address on here so surely others have been sending to it to, I think its still the address used to send documents to if you're applying from USA so maybe they will forward it to the right Building for me. I hope so, at least.

The problem with withdrawing is, I cannot do that until I've got my papers back as they have all original documents like marriage certificate etc inside.

Any update on this, having a similar problem?

N Hayat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by N Hayat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:50 pm

Hi
Did you receive any update regarding your documents if they been received in the visa office or Not
i have done the same mistake on 6th November and only fond out today, really worrying me

N Hayat
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by N Hayat » Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:54 pm

dawn1 wrote:
Mon May 15, 2017 6:46 pm
magicman316 wrote:As its now well over 2 weeks and i've not heard anything I'm assuming that they have my application, but I have no way to confirm this unfortunately.

Any update on this, having a similar problem?
hi any update on your address issue

pink85

Post by pink85 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 7:32 am

For Pakistan address =UK Visas and Immigration International

PO Box 5852

Sheffield

S11 0FX

U can find this address on vfs global Pakistan when u apply online there is guidelines given where to send..I hope it’s helpfull

pink85

Post by pink85 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:24 pm

U can still send letter and tell them collect ur file from wrong address..also send letter HO said u did mistake on that..send one letter to wrong address too n tell them if u can send my file to original address...u must explain ur situation each letter..I hope should b work. Just make sure ur application consider as a original date when u apply.

anggr1
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by anggr1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:29 pm

N Hayat wrote:
Fri Dec 15, 2017 6:50 pm
Hi
Did you receive any update regarding your documents if they been received in the visa office or Not
i have done the same mistake on 6th November and only fond out today, really worrying me
Hi I know this thread is from months ago but I am currently facing the same situation which worries me so much. My documents got sent through Parcel Force. I tracked it myself and they were received but I haven't gotten any email confirmation from Home Office. I need to know what happened to your documents and hope someone will give me a light that everything will be okay

anggr1
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by anggr1 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:33 pm

magicman316 wrote:
Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:05 pm
I printed off the online application form and sent that along with the other supprting documents.

The reason I couldn't use Royal Mail is because they said the package was too big/heavy and had to be sent Parcelforce.

Looks like I sent it to the wrong address! Oops. Do you think I'll still be ok? Haven't heard anything... wouldn't they refuse it after 2 weeks if they dont receive the documents? Its been almost a month now.
Hi I know this thread is from months ago but I am currently facing the same situation which worries me so much. My documents got sent through Parcel Force. I tracked it myself and they were received but I haven't gotten any email confirmation from Home Office. I need to know what happened to your documents and hope someone will give me a light that everything will be okay

Londoner007
Diamond Member

Post by Londoner007 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:02 am

Its all the same building, dont worry it will reach correct department.
Verily, After Hardship Comes Ease

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Mon Mar 12, 2018 10:23 am

I would have rather checked it again. For example on TLS contact web site it’s written as following:
Prior to sending any documentation to UKVI, applicants are strongly advised to make sure that the courier company they are planning to use will deliver to Post Office (PO) Box addresses in the UK.
Please note Parcelforce will not deliver to a UK P O Box address, and that supporting documents sent through them are liable to be destroyed.

anggr1
Newly Registered
Indonesia

Post by anggr1 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 4:00 pm

Thanks everyone! Glad to hear that! But yes i'll call them again to double check

Reggae-girl
Newly Registered
Anguilla

Post by Reggae-girl » Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:00 am

HELP!! My lawyer wrongly told me to send the Supporting documents for an EEA Family permit to Sheffield when in fact they should have been sent to Kingston Jamaica!! He also did NOT tell me to write the GWF numbers on the envelope and we did not include a cover letter. Please HELP! How do I retrieve a 3Kg folder with All the Supporting documents??? Desperate and lawyer is being useless. Can I visit them in Sheffield??