ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 visa, how changing employer affects ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

89antony
Newly Registered

Tier 2 visa, how changing employer affects ILR

Post by 89antony » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi,

I have worked in UK for more than 4 years with a Tier-2 visa and is eligible to apply for ILR at the end of this year. I received an offer from another company and they will also sponsor my visa.

I'm thinking to take a short holiday before the start of the next job. Say I will likely to start my new job at then end of May, can I tell my current employer now that I'm leaving with a month notice period. In this case I can have around 2 weeks holiday between the start and end of May.

May I ask if this will affect my application of ILR? Does the employment has to be continuous?

Many thanks in advance!!

hitsis
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 visa, how changing employer affects ILR

Post by hitsis » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:45 pm

89antony wrote:Hi,

I have worked in UK for more than 4 years with a Tier-2 visa and is eligible to apply for ILR at the end of this year. I received an offer from another company and they will also sponsor my visa.

I'm thinking to take a short holiday before the start of the next job. Say I will likely to start my new job at then end of May, can I tell my current employer now that I'm leaving with a month notice period. In this case I can have around 2 weeks holiday between the start and end of May.
It would be better to tell your current employer after you got the visa from the new employer. A new visa can not be guaranteed.
May I ask if this will affect my application of ILR? Does the employment has to be continuous?
If the gap is less than 60 days, it should be fine. However, why not taking a 2-week annual leave with the current employer?
Many thanks in advance!!