ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier2 G visa extension, shortage occupation and start date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

krishna585
Newly Registered

Tier2 G visa extension, shortage occupation and start date

Post by krishna585 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:06 am

Dear All,

I am applying for Visa extension with the same employer and have 2 questions

Employer has assigned COS with Job code : 2136 Programmers and software development professionals and it was recorded as "No" for shortage occupation question.

As per http://www.workpermit.com/immigration/u ... ation-list and gov site, assigned job code "2136" comes under shortage occupation but my employer has suggested me to apply as normal and not under shortage occupation - will this be a problem ?

In my COS start date is 1st july 2017 and it was assigned to me in feb 2017.

If i'm applying for extension in april 2017 but since start date is from july 2017 , will there be any issue with the visa start date?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Krishna

hitsis
Newly Registered

Re: Tier2 G visa extension, shortage occupation and start da

Post by hitsis » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:25 pm

krishna585 wrote:Dear All,

I am applying for Visa extension with the same employer and have 2 questions

Employer has assigned COS with Job code : 2136 Programmers and software development professionals and it was recorded as "No" for shortage occupation question.

As per http://www.workpermit.com/immigration/u ... ation-list and gov site, assigned job code "2136" comes under shortage occupation but my employer has suggested me to apply as normal and not under shortage occupation - will this be a problem ?
If you are applying for extension with same employer, the job code should be same as the one you used last time. If the job code is changed, a RLMT might be needed. Only some of jobs under 2136 are qualified as shortage occupation, as shown in the document.

In my COS start date is 1st july 2017 and it was assigned to me in feb 2017.

If i'm applying for extension in april 2017 but since start date is from july 2017 , will there be any issue with the visa start date?
You should apply before not more than 3 month of start date.
Thanks in advance!

Thanks,
Krishna

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Re: Tier2 G visa extension, shortage occupation and start da

Post by rubyracer2 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:25 pm

Not every job in 2136 is a shortage occupation. It is limited to certain industries.

There is also an option for senior developers but the company has to meet certain conditions called as a 'qualifying company criteria'. These conditions are mentioned in the immigration rules appendix. The company which meets these criteria has to get prior permission from the home office to issue a CoS under shortage occupation list.