ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for my Parents Standard visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

irfan khan

Applying for my Parents Standard visit visa

Post by irfan khan » Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:08 pm

Hi Folks,

I am a British citizen and my wife is on FLRM. I will be sponsoring my parents for the standard visit visa which my parents will be applying from Pakistan (for 4 - 6 weeks) in one month time. . I have few questions regarding the documents . Can you please clarify?

1- Do my parents need Tb screen test report?
2- Currently we are living in one bedroom flat, Is tenancy agreement will be enough or do I have to book a hotel and provide the booking receipt? The reason I am asking is because I was just thinking in case immigration office may question that one bedroom flat will not be enough?

Immediate replies are highly appreciated?

Regards
Irfan

irfan khan

Re: Applying for my Parents Standard visit visa

Post by irfan khan » Tue Apr 04, 2017 12:12 am

irfan khan wrote:Hi Folks,

I am a British citizen and my wife is on FLRM. I will be sponsoring my parents for the standard visit visa which my parents will be applying from Pakistan (for 4 - 6 weeks) in one month time. . I have few questions regarding the documents . Can you please clarify?

1- Do my parents need Tb screen test report?
2- Currently we are living in one bedroom flat, Is tenancy agreement will be enough or do I have to book a hotel and provide the booking receipt? The reason I am asking is because I was just thinking in case immigration office may question that one bedroom flat will not be enough?

Immediate replies are highly appreciated?

Regards
Irfan
Can you someone please reply to the above?
Thanks

ITGraduate
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by ITGraduate » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:20 am

I am not an expert but as far as i know the answers are below: please wait for seniors to comment

you dont need to undergo TB test if you are applying standard visitor visas. TB tests are for people who will be staying more than 6 months in the UK like Tier 1, 2, 4, 5 etc

Letter regarding your one bed room flat:

local Council used to do this before however I believe they have stopped this service now.

Option is to get a hotel booking for them on their name covering their travel period as I personally believe HO may think your one bed room flat is not enough to accommodate your parents during their stay?

do you have any children? in that case it would make your situation worse as the HO will believe you have no space for your visitors

Good Luck

irfan khan

Post by irfan khan » Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:50 pm

ITGraduate wrote:I am not an expert but as far as i know the answers are below: please wait for seniors to comment

you dont need to undergo TB test if you are applying standard visitor visas. TB tests are for people who will be staying more than 6 months in the UK like Tier 1, 2, 4, 5 etc

Letter regarding your one bed room flat:

local Council used to do this before however I believe they have stopped this service now.

Option is to get a hotel booking for them on their name covering their travel period as I personally believe HO may think your one bed room flat is not enough to accommodate your parents during their stay?

do you have any children? in that case it would make your situation worse as the HO will believe you have no space for your visitors

Good Luck
Thanks for the reply. I am thinking on the same line. I don't have any children. Can someone else please comment on the above?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 pm

Property should be fine.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.