ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Advanced Stage - What does it really mean?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Mdsr
Newly Registered

Re: Advanced Stage - What does it really mean?

Post by Mdsr » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:11 am

I have no criminal history, never had any problem since living in Ireland, I dont know why my application taking so long.

One thing i would like to mention, I got my EUFAM3 10 year stamp in August 2016, my local immigration officer granted me permission until Nov 2017, because my passport was due to expire in Nov 2017. I recently got a new 5 years passport, maybe i should extend my stamp and send them 5 years GNIB card, maybe it will help to move my application?

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:45 am

Mdsr wrote:I have no criminal history, never had any problem since living in Ireland, I dont know why my application taking so long.

One thing i would like to mention, I got my EUFAM3 10 year stamp in August 2016, my local immigration officer granted me permission until Nov 2017, because my passport was due to expire in Nov 2017. I recently got a new 5 years passport, maybe i should extend my stamp and send them 5 years GNIB card, maybe it will help to move my application?
Dear Mdsr,
I think that the processing time depends on your first nationality. I mean that applicants with first nationality from Europe, USA, Australia and others normally got the decision within and less than 6 years. For other nationality it take much more longer time to be proceed. I think that is no specific reason for delay in your application but it could your first nationality is the factor behind this.

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:20 am

Hi Guys,

i sent an email and got this reply "Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible".

What stage would you say this is?

tuathanach

Post by tuathanach » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:34 am

dupalsky wrote:Hi Guys,

i sent an email and got this reply "Your application is currently being processed with a view to establishing whether it meets the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalisation, such as good character and lawful residence, and will be submitted to the Minister for decision as expeditiously as possible".

This is the initial processing stage (first stage); it's where they check the application to make sure you definitely meet the residency requirements and that all the documentation they need is in place.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:38 am

@dupalsky it sounds like Initial Stage, can you please provide your timeline so we can answer your question more accurately?

Can you please also post your timeline only to this thread so others can use it as reference on their applications?

ireland/2017-citizenship-approvals-time ... 22579.html
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:05 pm

Thanks Guys for your replies

Ya my time line is

Application date: 24/11/2016, it was received on the 01/12/2016
Acknowledgement: they received it 15/12/2016
Second Stage: Pending
Approval: Pending

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:15 am

tuathanach wrote:
dupalsky wrote:Hi Guys,

This is the initial processing stage (first stage); it's where they check the application to make sure you definitely meet the residency requirements and that all the documentation they need is in place.
@tuathanach I don't think it is true. I have received 2nd stage letter on 16th Feb. I sent an email yesterday to get an update and I got same reply as dupalsky. I applied in August 2016. This process looks weird. Nothing can be established for sure. Everybody got a different story. I am unable to understand how it progressed to 2nd stage if they have not established yet if I meet statutory requirements.

dupalsky

Post by dupalsky » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi amwaraich,

Thanks for your comment.

Yes I think that that responds is for second stage. Although, I have received any second stage letter yet- who knows it might be on its way to me.

I have followed this board a while now and it seems to be what others experienced.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:06 am

amwaraich wrote: @tuathanach I don't think it is true. I have received 2nd stage letter on 16th Feb. I sent an email yesterday to get an update and I got same reply as dupalsky. I applied in August 2016. This process looks weird. Nothing can be established for sure. Everybody got a different story. I am unable to understand how it progressed to 2nd stage if they have not established yet if I meet statutory requirements.
@ amwaraich, Could you please share your timeline with us here. I've applied on 05/08/2016 and got second letter on 03/02/2017 and didn't hear anything yet since that time.

amwaraich

Post by amwaraich » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:59 am

Syjem wrote: @ amwaraich, Could you please share your timeline with us here. I've applied on 05/08/2016 and got second letter on 03/02/2017 and didn't hear anything yet since that time.
Sorry for delayed response. I got notification today about your post. My timeline is as follows.

Application received on 15/08/2016
Acknowledgement on 26/09/2016
2nd stage letter on 16/02/2017

One thing to be noted. I applied based on Irish Associations (my son is Irish). I applied after 4.5 years residency in Ireland. You can apply after 3 years based on Irish Associations. I did not get any correspondence after acknowledgement letter. I completed my 5 years on 31st January 2017 and sent them a letter that I have completed my 5 years and I no longer need a waiver in residency requirements from the minister anymore.

I got two letters from INIS with the same date. One for acknowledging the receipt of my letter and other one was 2nd stage letter.

From this I got the impression that they had put my application at back burner and were waiting for my 5 years to be completed. And now after 1.5 months I am still there.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:15 pm

amwaraich wrote:
Syjem wrote: @ amwaraich, Could you please share your timeline with us here. I've applied on 05/08/2016 and got second letter on 03/02/2017 and didn't hear anything yet since that time.
Sorry for delayed response. I got notification today about your post. My timeline is as follows.

Application received on 15/08/2016
Acknowledgement on 26/09/2016
2nd stage letter on 16/02/2017

One thing to be noted. I applied based on Irish Associations (my son is Irish). I applied after 4.5 years residency in Ireland. You can apply after 3 years based on Irish Associations. I did not get any correspondence after acknowledgement letter. I completed my 5 years on 31st January 2017 and sent them a letter that I have completed my 5 years and I no longer need a waiver in residency requirements from the minister anymore.

I got two letters from INIS with the same date. One for acknowledging the receipt of my letter and other one was 2nd stage letter.

From this I got the impression that they had put my application at back burner and were waiting for my 5 years to be completed. And now after 1.5 months I am still there.
@ amwaraich, Thank you for your respond. my application is based on 5 year residence. I've emailed them today to get an update on my application which is now 8 month old and I got a replay that my application continues to be processed. They are really annoying, very long process for no reason. I believe that my application is straightforward as they didn't ask me to submit any additional document and in spite of this they are still processing it.

Syjem

Post by Syjem » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:56 am

Folks,
Would anyone has an idea on whether the citizenship department will send any approval or update on applications these days or they stop releasing approvals till after ceremony.

Regards,

pukon_check

Post by pukon_check » Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:16 pm

To Syjem
well usually they stop sending approval when the up coming ceremony is very close. if you look back previous year it always they stop sending approval before ceremony its an unfortunate anyways..
hope it helps..