ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Child/dependant visa

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

rajpoot rana
inactive

Child/dependant visa

Post by rajpoot rana » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:44 pm

Hello,

Thanks for reading my questions.
I am on Tier 1 entrepreneur visa , and my question is regarding my child visa.
As my child was born in England, hence i did not applied her visa when i applied my initial application for Tier1 Entrepreneur , but after 1 year of my visa my child was going back to Pakistan for visit, so i applied visa for her and now she is on dependant visa and back in England after visiting Pakistan for 2 months.

My question is since now my renewal is due , do i have to apply for her extension visa or it is not required unless she is going abroad?
Reason why i am thinking she does not need to apply for extension visa as she is born in UK and i think child born in England does not need any visa until they are 16 but since she was already granted a visa so i am confuse if i do nott apply visa for her again they might consider her as over stayer and it might create some issues in future when i apply for her nationality after 2 years ( my ILR will be due after 2 years ) .

Please provide your valuable advice .
Thanks

Rana

hina_pirzada
Member of Standing
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Child/dependant visa

Post by hina_pirzada » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:15 pm

Ur daughter does not require visa until she needs to leave UK. In Extension application form u need to fill her detail while HO will ask you later why u didn't submit her application. She will consider as over stayer and this will not effect on ur ILR.

If u dont have any finnancial issue and u have maintained funds so better is apply her visa with ur extension. Also u can consult a solicitor coz all non-eu residents need to pay NHS fee.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:01 pm

A child born in the UK will never become an over stayer. Include her in your extension if her visa is running out the same time as yours, otherwise no need.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

inaam.cs

Post by inaam.cs » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:50 pm

zimba88 wrote:A child born in the UK will never become an over stayer. Include her in your extension if her visa is running out the same time as yours, otherwise no need.
Hi Zimba,
But if visa runs out the same time as main applicant then does this not make a child overstayer even born in UK?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:04 pm

zimba88 wrote:A child born in the UK will never become an over stayer.
That's incorrect. The child is an overstayer, if the child had applied for leave that subsequently expires.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:01 pm

I should have not said 'never'. My bad :oops:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:02 pm

inaam.cs wrote: Hi Zimba,
But if visa runs out the same time as main applicant then does this not make a child overstayer even born in UK?
Yes, a dependant visa needs to be extended as usual

rajpoot rana
inactive

Post by rajpoot rana » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:17 pm

vinny wrote:
zimba88 wrote:A child born in the UK will never become an over stayer.
That's incorrect. The child is an overstayer, if the child had applied for leave that subsequently expires.
Thanks
So if i do not apply her visa after it expires, will it effect on her nationality application after 2 years .( i will be applying my ILR after two years and her nationality same time )

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:25 pm

No, it won't affect her entitlement to register, if she is under 10.

However, she would be an overstayer with all the associated problems, such as using the NHS, re-entry bans, schools, rented accommodation, etc.!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Aliraza12

Post by Aliraza12 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:07 am

Best to apply her visa same time with you