ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR M Supporting documents

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mouseonmoon
Newly Registered

FLR M Supporting documents

Post by mouseonmoon » Tue Apr 04, 2017 2:09 pm

Hi,

I am applying for an FLR. To date I don't have any joint letters of correspondence with my husband apart from joint bank account.

As the application says, I need to provide six documents to suffice the cohabitation requirement. I have NHS/HMRC/bank statements to prove my residency for the past two years. How do I go about spreading it evenly over the two years? If I came in 2014 do I show a bank statement for a certain period for that year? In 2015 - do I show another bank statement for a certain period + NHS letter from a date in that year? In 2016 - Perhaps HMRC letter + Bank statement from a certain period + NHS letter? and 2017 - A letter from NHS + Bank statement? Would this count as a total of six pieces of evidence? It says from at least three different sources.

Thanks!

magicman316

Re: FLR M Supporting documents

Post by magicman316 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:23 pm

If you have just bank statements in joint names then show at least 4 per year, say jan, april, july, nov for one year and then feb, may, aug, dec for the next.

It is only 1 source, not quite the 3 they are asking for. But I did it recently and was slightly short on joint name correspondence too. What I did was try to make up for it with extra correspondence in single names for both of us. And we had no problems at all doing it this way.

At the end of the day you can only give what you can, so try to give as much as you can if you're short and do spread it evenly over the whole period, that is very important so it shows them you have been living together over the whole period.
27/5/14 - Applied in Islamabad
12/06/14 - Decision Delayed (Further Enquiries)
13/06/14 - Email & Call from VAC to collect Passport
16/06/14 - Visa Granted!