ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU National with PR married to EU National Without

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Louis2011
Newly Registered

EU National with PR married to EU National Without

Post by Louis2011 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:01 pm

Hi,
Hoping someone can help. I've got PR (EU National) and my husband (lived here for 19 years) wants UK citizenship. Can I add him to my application for citizenship with my kids or does he have to get his PR card first?

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EU National with PR married to EU National Without

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 5:12 pm

There is no family application, only individual ones. Your husband will need to apply for PR card first.
Were your kids born before or after your PR? If before PR then they need to be registered via MN1 form, if born after PR you can apply for the passport immediately.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Louis2011
Newly Registered

Post by Louis2011 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 7:55 pm

Thank you for that. They were born after I got my PR - but they were not born here - does this make a difference???

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Apr 04, 2017 8:03 pm

Yes it does as they have no entitlement to register. They require PR and will be registered at the discretion of the HO/SoS.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.