ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Help filling Personal Information section of AN form

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

zlash92
Newly Registered

Help filling Personal Information section of AN form

Post by zlash92 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:10 am

Hi,

I am currently completing the AN form through the EEA route. In question 1.2 of the Personal Information section I am asked to input my 'Current passport/travel document number'. Can I insert my identity card number instead of the passport one? I intend to only send my identity card as I need the passport for work/leisure travelling while the application is being processed.

Thanks for you help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Help filling Personal Information section of AN form

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:40 pm

You need to put your passport n7mber.

If you have travel plans, suggest apply through NCS so you can keep your original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zlash92
Newly Registered

Post by zlash92 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Ok, thanks. Does this mean that I need to send the passport as well? According to the guidance notes, I can send my EEA identity card as proof of nationality as well as documents certifying my residence (ie: letter from employers, education etc.).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:21 pm

CR001 wrote:If you have travel plans, suggest apply through NCS so you can keep your original documents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

zlash92
Newly Registered

Post by zlash92 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:25 pm

Can someone confirm that the 'Current passport/travel document number' does not include the number of an EU national identity card? This is the document that I use to travel to the UK.

I don't see why I would pay an extra £100 for the naturalisation process with NCS when I can simply send my national identity card.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:45 pm

zlash92 wrote:I don't see why I would pay an extra £100 for the naturalisation process with NCS when I can simply send my national identity card. Rates vary between councils, shop around. Besides keeping hold of your originals, they also check your application. You can also use NCS to apply for citizenship and passport at the same time.
Char (CR001 not Casa)