ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 ICT Visa Application date

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

micromind
Newly Registered

Tier 2 ICT Visa Application date

Post by micromind » Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi

I first came to UK in Jan 2010 in Tier 2 ICT visa (rules in place before Apr 2010) but left the UK to my native country in Jan 2011. I returned with a new Tier 2 ICT visa in March 2011 and has been continuously resident here since.

I have a query regarding what exactly is the break in my continuous leave with re: application of ILR (if it is possible really). My old visa expired on 15th Jan 2011. The rule in paragraph 245AAA (a)-ii-(1) states

where that leave expired no more than 28 days prior to a further application for entry clearance which was made before 24 November 2016 and subsequently granted, that period and any period pending the applicant’s re-entry into the United Kingdom shall be disregarded;

My query is what exactly is meant by application for entry clearance?

1. Is it that date my employer applied for CoS/ PBS with home office?
2. Is it the date my PBS was approved/ the start date mentioned in PBS?
3. Is it the date I paid my fees for my visa application for new visa appointment?
3. Date of appointment for submitting my application and biometrics?

If the answer was 1 or 2 I may have a chance for grant of ILR, as that was within 28 days of expiry of my previous visa, hence the question..

Would much appreciate any clarification. Thanks!

moonlight55
Diamond Member

Re: Tier 2 ICT Visa Application date

Post by moonlight55 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:16 am

Normally, it's the date of application that is considered for these calculations. The date of application is the date on which the payment is made for the visa application.

micromind
Newly Registered

Re: Tier 2 ICT Visa Application date

Post by micromind » Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:37 pm

Thank you, Moonlight !