ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR application outside UK?

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

jamesjosephp
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR application outside UK?

Post by jamesjosephp » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:01 pm

Hi,

I got naturalised as a British citizen in June 2016. My wife and daughter are on PBS dependant visas and they have been living with me in the UK since August 2012. I am aware that they could apply for ILR in July 2017. The thought of the recent visa charge revision is just driving me crazy, can't believe they are increasing an average £300 - £400 on this visa category every year.

Their current visas are due to expire in March 2018 and we had planned to travel to India during July this year. The question I have is whether my dependants can make a settlement visa application outside of the UK? Has anyone tried doing this? Charges differ for applications made outside of the UK.

Regards
James.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR application outside UK?

Post by CR001 » Wed Apr 05, 2017 6:22 pm

You cannot apply for ILR outside the UK. It is an application that can ONLY be made within the UK.

If you apply for the spouse settlement visa, then it resets their clock to zero and a new 5 year period before they will qualify for ILR again.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

jamesjosephp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jamesjosephp » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:37 pm

Thanks for the quick reply CR001. Any idea if I could apply for my spouse's ILR first and then , if successful, apply directly for my daughter's British citizenship?

Regards,
James.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 05, 2017 11:04 pm

Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

jamesjosephp
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by jamesjosephp » Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:23 am

Thanks zimba88.

Regards,
James.