ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delivery of British Passport in USA

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

orojim
United Kingdom

Delivery of British Passport in USA

Post by orojim » Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:21 pm

With my British citizenship registered and the ceremony completed, I applied for my British passport. Just two days after my materials arrived in Durham, the website of HM Passport Office says "Dispatched." That means the passport has been printed, the site says, and will soon be on its way.

Does anyone know if I'll be provided some tracking number or other advice for the passport delivery, and what service the passport office uses for USA deliveries? I just want to be sure I'm around to receive that passport when it arrives.

Many thanks!

orojim
United Kingdom

Re: Delivery of British Passport in USA

Post by orojim » Fri Apr 07, 2017 7:06 pm

Well. Just a couple of hours after posting my question, I get a text message from DHL, announcing two deliveries on Monday, April 10. The two packages must be my passport and my supporting documents.

I'm happily surprised by the speed of this process. After submitting the online passport application, I sent my supporting materials by USPS Priority Express on March 28. They arrived at HM Passport Office in Durham on April 3. On April 5, the office website said my status was "Dispatched." Then today, April 7, comes the notice of expected courier delivery on April 10.

This means that less than two weeks after sending the materials, I'll have the passport. I hope this encourages others who have been going through the process. Sometimes, things do work perfectly.